• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

So Cal event- Gold Mountain 4/26/14

Zach

Mall Crawler
Need to do some things to the truck before and I'm in. Supposedly The Wanker is coming with me. Yeah, have that before.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Need to do some things to the truck before and I'm in. Supposedly The Wanker is coming with me. Yeah, have that before.

Ill put you on the Confirmed list for hopeful thinking and AAMCO as a yes till I hear otherwise.

Im pumped for this trip! It should be a good weekend. I gotta prep squeaky too. Ill start tomorrow after my test...The JK should be good to go seeing we did a ton of moab prep.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Last edited:

Panzer07

Hell yeah snow or at least wet/moist soil always makes everything more fun.

Sent From Someone Else's iPhone 'Cause I'm Too Broke To Own One.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Check the weather reports. They are predicting 32F and 29 mph wind by midnight. Low of 29F Saturday between 4:00 and 5:00 AM. 3" to 6" of snow. Not my preferred camping weather!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Yea...when I booked the at the campground 10 days ago the forecast was much nicer then that. I may look into a cabin now

Panzer07

Yea...when I booked the at the campground 10 days ago the forecast was much nicer then that. I may look into a cabin now

Squeaky's belly could become your cabin...and 5+ star hotels...always better and safer from the wild life than a tent.

Zach

Mall Crawler

We stayed at Honey Bear Lodge last time seem to have good rates. And cool place. I opted for cabin. Dogs and kid. Still was reasonable. And Kurt usually stays there too.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
My friend in a lifted Cherokee is coming. He is on 32"'s (I think) has a read locker and rock rails.

Zach

Mall Crawler
AAMCO and I are out. Truck has a bad upper ball joint. Put a hub in it again. Just picked up a rental. One of the things I didn't have in the truck, figures.

Last edited:

Panzer07

I hope there some snow on the trails or at least some moist I want a dirty truck.

Zach

Mall Crawler
I hope there some snow on the trails or at least some moist I want a dirty truck.

They are only calling for possibly 1-3" of snow. Not sure if it will stick. But, more than likely will be wet. Some spots will be tough. Last time I ran it with Jrwid I struggled in a few spots with it wet. With the small group, you should be able to cover a lot of ground up there or run it reverse.

Panzer07

That's fine with me...let's see how it turns out. I'm pumped for Tomorrow

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Zach, are you ever going to wheel again? Time to get a Prius? What the hell, wheel the rental for God's sake!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint