• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The Rancho Lift

benlaud87

Just picked up a rancho lift for my h3 with 4 rs9000x shocks from someone who had it sitting in their garage for 2 years. Guess they bought it then changed their mind. Cant wait to get it installed. The rockstars in 18x9 have a backspacing of 5" so I ordered some 1/2" hubcentric spacers and am going to get longer studs or the front if I need to due to the spacers. Got a pretty amazing deal on it though.

Last edited:

Ron46

Capt.
:corn::corn::corn:

Just picked up a rancho lift for my h3 with 4 rs9000x shocks from someone who had it sitting in their garage for 2 years. Guess they bought it then changed their mind. Cant wait to get it installed. The rockstars in 18x9 have a backspacing of 5" so I ordered some 1/2" hubcentric spacers and am going to get longer studs or the front if I need to due to the spacers. Got a pretty amazing deal on it though.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I am working with my Monroe rep trying to order everything but the rear leafs (and stock length 9000XL shocks for the rear). I want to do a SOA in the rear similar to what GM did on the MOAB concept.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
bendlaud you lucky son of a gun! Cant wait to see this. I will be ordering my rancho within the next few weeks.

benlaud87

Yeah I got really lucky I found this. 700 bucks all inclusive. I'm probably missing a few nuts/bolts, but I cant really complain for that price. Just need to wait for a few things to come in the mail then i'll install and post up the results.

benlaud87

Hey Ben, was that the used one on ebay?

Yes "used" technically, He lived pretty close to me so I picked it up. The only thing that was "used" were the knuckles. He didnt know that you couldnt use the oem wheels. Everything else was still packaged for the most part. I got all the hardware. There was a little bit of rust on the knuckles from where they were bolted on but I let some naval jelly sit on there for 10 minutes and its all gone.

I'm going to the field at the end of this month and wont be back until the 9th of Dec so I'm going to install it around that time with a friend.

05Mudiak

lol thats kinda how I got mine. Guy had it on CL for $600. brand new. Talked to him about it. He never even opened most of the boxes. He said he didn't realize that all the shops in town were going to charge him $1000.+ to install it. So he couldn't afford it. He ended up taking $500. for it. Thats the only reason I ended up with the tuff country instead of the Rancho

JoshuaL

NEVERENDING ADDICTION
4speedfunk, are you still looking for the OEM knuckles? If so now would be a good time to hit up benlaud87 for them. benlaud87 you got the deal of the century. Thats BA.

JoshuaL

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Guys trying to decide on what size spacer to run. The one in Czech? ran 2in spacers...solar says I can get away with 1.5 should I go 1.5 or 1.75 or 2? I think 2inches is a bit risky.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I would go with the minimum and if there is a problem then go larger. I found that when I had less backspace the wider track make a difference in some spots. There were two rocks that all the H3's fit between in Last Chance Canyon but I had to climb over one of them. Wider might sound good for stability but you the run the risk of being too wide to run with H3’s not to mention Heeps.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I saw the Rancho front spring over rear H3 today!!! Then my friend saw it, I am searching for this H3. I wanna just see compare it to stock!

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
So i did some research today and still working on more info.

By going out 1.50" you should clear...in look at numbers on paper anyhow.

Where the issue may come in: That upper A Arm with the sidewall of the tire. Since you are using spacers, you will clear issue number 1 up front: caliper clearance. that has been an issue with finding aftermarket wheels that will will work with the front calipers.

Since this project will be with a wheel spacer, I would be more inclined to go wider with the wheel spacer to allow more clearance at the Aarm/ sidewall of the tire. Spydertrax only offers 1.25" width standard in a hub centric design. Custom spacers is what will be needed here through either Spydertrax (if they will make them) or US Wheel Adapters. They both make very good spacers.

my only concern with going wider is the front hubs and extra wear (leverage) on steering components. Excessive wheel spin/ grabing with the tire/ wheel package pushed out further will be harder on the truck.

So, we know 2" will give us enough room and 1.50 "should be enough".

...Talking with more people on this throughout the week.

I'm hoping we can do 1.50" or just a little less though.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Tim, I appreciate all the work put into this. That is why I will always support Expedition Hardware!

Hopefully 1.5 will work. I would be more inclined to go with 1.75 if 1.5 doesnt work but 2in spacers I want to stay away from if at all possible. I think I need to contact reaper to see what kind of rims he used. If he went with a 16in rim with 4.5 backspacing and a 1.25in spacer then 1.5 probably wont work...17in rims will be on the list if I fall in love with the rancho lift its just I cant afford it all at once.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Ok, time for an update. custom spacers from one company would be the price of new rims. We are still trying to see if spidertrax can make custom ones for me. In the mean time I did some research on motorsports tech spacers. They do custom adapters and spacers. There prices seem reasonable, made in the USA and use "Alcoa 6061t6 billet aluminum." I did some searching around and found that many different types of cars/off road rigs use this. I saw WRX's, corvettes, Jeep JK's, fords, BMW's and the list goes on. I am most interested in seeing how they have done for the JK's. If its a quality spacer then I will go for them, if not time to continue on the search for spacers or just suck it up and go with a new set of rims. Still 16in but offset with a much smaller spacer