• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

jeep lift

chad

photo.JPG photo.JPG this is the jeep currently, its my friends, he out of town for a bit so i've been adding the upgrades for him, its pretty fun doing the work on the side. this jeep will look much better with the bigger tires and lift.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
View attachment 10419 View attachment 10420 this is the jeep currently, its my friends, he out of town for a bit so i've been adding the upgrades for him, its pretty fun doing the work on the side. this jeep will look much better with the bigger tires and lift.
He has some weight on there with those bumpers. he will want a lift that was designed to support the weight of those bumpers. Here is what I would do: AEV 2.5" Lift, AEV control arm drop brackets, AEV ProCal, front driveshaft. He will either need to run wheel spacers or wheels with aprox 4.5" backspace. Outside of that, he's good to go. That lift will support that weight, ride great, and allow for the added weight of gear too.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
2.5" Teraflex lift with 35" ProComp Extreme MT's. This kit did not hold the weight of the bumpers and gear I took with. To run this kit, you need their 2.5" springs, front lower control arms, teraflex shocks, front driveshaft, front trackbar. That's what I had on that rig.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
This is an AEV 3.5" lift with 35" BF Goodrich AT's. This kit is perfect for 35's and 37's down the road with flat fenders or more bump stop to limit up travel. quite a bit more room for 35's. Stock arms flex very well.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
I have a JK at work now with a leveling kit on the front 1.5" on 37's with Nemesis Fenders on it. It's all about how you will use the rig and what kind of clearance you will need. A ton of options out there. I'll get some pics on Friday if you want.

chad

Those links as your signature, are they tied to your business? I have access to a full shop, how crazy and hard are the mods to do a 3.5 with the muffler or whatever else needs changed. This is my first time lifting one but am good at figuring things out and decent in car work. As long as no welding is involved I should be good.

chad

Hey by the way really appreciate the help on the thread. Thanks for the good pics too.

SkinGripz

Put the 2" hockey pucks in front and 1" lift in rear of our 08 Rubicon JK. Yielded 3.5" in front and stuffed 35" Mickeys in with no trimming. I wheeled the hell out of that thing for two years and it held up awesome. $200.00 for parts, 2 hours work, and $12.00 worth of beer.

"If at first you dont succeed, come back with a big damn stick". -My Dad
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Those links as your signature, are they tied to your business? I have access to a full shop, how crazy and hard are the mods to do a 3.5 with the muffler or whatever else needs changed. This is my first time lifting one but am good at figuring things out and decent in car work. As long as no welding is involved I should be good.

No welding. A little drilling on the lift if you go the 3.5". The exhaust spacers are super easy as well. Plenty of info on the installs (youtube). The links in my sig line are me. I own Expedition Hardware and also work for High Country.

mudbug

trail blazer
I have a JK at work now with a leveling kit on the front 1.5" on 37's with Nemesis Fenders on it. It's all about how you will use the rig and what kind of clearance you will need. A ton of options out there. I'll get some pics on Friday if you want.
Can you post a pick of that jeep Tim?

chad

my friend got the lift and waiting for it to show, i didnt get the post that those links are yours till after he ordered them already, thanks for all the help i will post progress soon, went with aev 2.5"

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
my friend got the lift and waiting for it to show, i didnt get the post that those links are yours till after he ordered them already, thanks for all the help i will post progress soon, went with aev 2.5"

Make sure he ordered up the Geo correction brackets. They do not come with the kit. If he didn;t, get the coming asap. He will need them to put his caster back into place..will give him stock handling. without them, it doesn't handle well.

chad

ok the lift just showed up yesterday, do you have a link for the geo correction brackets?

chad

P6030205.jpgP6030206.jpgP6030208.jpgP6030207.jpgP6030210.jpg after i finished, added the geo correction bracket, and tomorrow the rugged ridge snorkel will be added.