• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Time for an MPG update

JonBishop

Well-Known Member
Messages
724
Location
Glendora, CA
i want that!!!! haha
with the bad head, i dont want to know what im averaging at all right now ill throw up!
feel like i own a H2(no offense to any H2 owners cuz i love them too jus not for my daily drive)
 

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Messages
1,997
Location
In hiding.....
Last time I checked was coming back from CO Spring. From Georgetown to GJ 16.491 (due to extremely torrential rain max speed was about 60); from GJ to Moab 14.8 (dried out so max speed was 75-80 on I-70). And the vehicle was loaded with camping gear on the roof...Don't check for intown use due to the short 1.6 miles to work.
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
I get right around 14/city with the V8 and Superchips 87-octane performance tune, on the OEM 33" Bridgestone Dueller A/Ts.
 

Sennin

Well-Known Member
Messages
453
Location
South Africa
Wheeling : 2.5km/liter (5.88MPG)
City : 6.1km/liter (14.35 MPG)
Open Road : 7.5 km/liter (17.64MPG) (tend to stick to 100km/h or 62mph)

These values are for 315/75/16 Kumho KL71. Stock tires were 265/75/16 so the tires are 9.3% bigger than stock. PCM for Less for correction.
 
Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Messages
2,525
Location
Finger Lakes, NY
I get 13-13.5 "city" (2 mile drive to work, 2 mile drive home and the occasional 12-14 mile round tip to "town".) but I get 17-17.5 on the highway. 2008 Hummer H3 with a 3.7L, AT, and 305/70R16 M/T's.
 

skeptic

Well-Known Member
Messages
737
Location
Orygun
I think I messed up my calculations (didn't fill it all the way time before last or something), this last tank came in at 15.4 and the previous one was just over 19mpg. 'Course I forgot to reset my trip computer so next tank will be ??? I almost never calculate mpg, usually just a rough mental estimate, but the previous tank was so close to 20mpg I checked two tanks in a row. Just a coincidence you posted this question now when I calculated the second tank a couple days ago.

Too bad H3s don't have the nifty mpg display like sooo many other vehicles today.

edit: '09 I5 H3T on stock 33s.
 

kf6jxf

Probationary Member
Messages
3
Location
Auburn CA
Averaging 17 mpg. 20 mile commute to work up hill (1800' elev, to 3100' elev).

Get on the highway, I have hit 20+mpg.

Only have the AirDoc right now, but planning on getting the PCMforless tune and maybe even the fan kit.
 

Hunner

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,334
Location
Arkansas
Soo anybody with 315's do a % adjustment for the tires when figuring the mileage?
I saved a few gas tickets but did not know how to compensate. I'm afraid the lead sled rolling brick might come out low.:emb:
I'm getting about 12.64 mpg on several tank fulls, not adding in the actual miles further I go than what the OD says.
That is short hops 15 miles round trip and my right foot is heavy at times.

"If you open the sunroof, roll down the passenger side window and hit the skinny peddle so you can hear the growl down the snorkle under overpasses,,,,you mite be a Hummer gear head!" Your grinin rite?

I don't have any gas tickets for highway or actual towing but I will.

Alpha with Flashpaq tow mode.
315's
heavy wheels
Aprox 500lbs of armor, winch and tools and spares that live in the H3

but then who's counting?:wink:
I think I will weigh the beast again tomorrow.........
 

reaper

Well-Known Member
Messages
527
Location
Denver, Colorado
I get 14.5 mpg according to the odometer: 06 I5 on 315s. So.... maybe 18mpg actual?

(rancho lift, 315 tires, ba bumper, roof rack, hamster-powered engine)
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,673
Location
Scottsdale
I do a calculation of adding 4.5% more miles with my 305s vs. the 265s for which the odometer was calibrated.
 

Hunner

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,334
Location
Arkansas
Nahh your a little hopefull there reaper. I checked and it's actually 5.4 % wow! lol my Alpha offroad came calibrated for 285's and I have 315's
so mine would only be 11 miles more, so that would increase it to 12.79 instead of 12.64? on 206 miles increased 11 miles more =217 divided by 16.965 gallons.
I think I will do an average of several tanks.
You play you pay.
but that extends my warranty, right:shifty:
 
Last edited:

rsc

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,087
Location
Tulsa
07 Adventure, 33" Duratracks, no rack or lights. I get about 17-17.5 commuting to work on the hwy at 70, have had a couple of highs in the low 18's on the hwy. I may see 13 to 15 in the city, but rarely do I do enough of it to check for a whole tank. Towing various trailer loads has fluctuated between 13 and 15.5 in the hills at 65.
 

FormerUser

Well-Known Member
Messages
179
'10 H3 I5 285's

15.6 city with 10% ethanol(reformulated), 17.1 city with regular gas[87 Octane]
17.9 Hwy w/ reformulated, 20.3 Hwy with regular gas[87 Octane]
And these numbers are documented, and I check my mileage regularly.

I can eek out 22 mpg Hwy with 91 octane regular gas if I keep the tach at 1950rpm/69mph. Once I get the engine over 2000rpm on the tach - mileage drops off something horrific.
 
Top