• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New motor

High Five H2

Glad you found this thread! We'd been looking for it and couldn't find it. Made it a sticky as there's a lot of good information that is often sought. Of course I don't believe any of it because 06 H3 isn't a certified ASE mechanic 🤣
😂😂 yeah too bad, his running h3 doesn’t count I guess.

I just picked up my H3 on Saturday and I’m collecting parts for a swap now.

wpage

New motor sounds great. Keep it going, for what shall be a classic vehicle soon.

Keep us posted as well...

tomcat

Probationary Member
It appears I will be looking for a replacement engine for a 2006 H3 3.5L. Any leads or how to go about finding one would be appreciated.

Truck has codes P0014 and P0171. Mechanic looked at it and said it looks like oil started leaking from main seal and it sounds like an issue with the timing.

tomcat

Probationary Member
It appears I will be looking for a replacement engine for a 2006 H3 3.5L. Any leads or how to go about finding one would be appreciated.

Truck has codes P0014 and P0171. Mechanic looked at it and said it looks like oil started leaking from main seal and it sounds like an issue with the timing.
Located in San Diego, CA.

tomcat

Probationary Member
Also will be looking for a reputable shop in San Diego to do the swap, if anyone has any recommendations. Appreciate it.

zebra

may as well get plugged into this thread... i remember from YEARS ago that it had lots of good info, and if this 3.7 has a bad head gasket, then a LH8 might be in our future.

...assuming we can find that ONE guy who ever got a v8 swapped manual to work out right with the tune.

NightShiftt

My sister needs a car. I just reserved a rental car for a month $499 through costco travel unlimited mileage. I told my parents, they are now kicking themselves for not using Costco travel for the past 10 years when renting a car in NY when visiting family. I now have a month to get my **** together. If I get it done earlier I get a refund.
Thankx for the CosCo tip. I rented a 3500 duly Ram for 3 weeks while building my 3.7 over… big savings… like $217 total…