• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Canadian H3T Alpha Owner

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Joining the Hummer Club!!

So I have been on the lookout for my next daily driver/adventure rig, fist thought about getting something similar to what I had for the past 5 years, an Xterra, then I realized that I had many short comings and that it wasn’t going to be enough for my towing needs amongst a few other smaller things.

So then my mind went to a Ford F-150…. But they are everywhere and there is nothing cool about that…

Then I got looking at a few Jeep Rubicon’s, they were good for a majority of my needs, but finding a used one with the “right” mods was proving to be too difficult! Many of the owners were posting up for sale pic’s of dirty rigs, which just led me to believe that they were not well taken care of.

Then I got to wishing and wanting the Double Cab Brute or the Six Pack made by AEV, yet to be available to the general public…… Then it just hit me… the H3T is prob the closest thing to the AEV Double Cab as anything else on the market! If the right package was up for sale it will already be equipped as a trail ready rig with front and rear lockers as a factory option.

BOOOM :whaa: first search I do locally on Kijiji show this beautiful 2009 Hummer H3T Alpha (w/ cloth) with a custom paint job, the 5.3L V8, supercharger (approx 435Hp), lift, tires, lockers, snugtop canopy, custom exhaust, touch screen media console yada yada yada…. I fell head over heels for the thing!
The very next morning I drove over to the dealership, checked it over, and took it for a test drive…. I knew before I was done and out of the truck I that she was going to be sitting in my driveway before the end of the month!
This past Sat I picked her up!

Here are a couple of pic's from the dealer:
$(KGrHqR,!lgFELguHEUHBRGNgydOdw~~48_20.JPG$T2eC16R,!ykE9s7t)btTBRGNg1FZDw~~48_20.JPG$T2eC16JHJG!E9nm3pm,SBRGNhB6rvQ~~48_20.JPG$(KGrHqVHJBEFEKzNvYWiBRGNg3Ijdw~~48_20.JPG$T2eC16Z,!zEE9s3!YbwKBRGNhGs+F!~~48_20.JPG

Now before anyone says anything about the 20's please note they will be switched over to a 17'' rims and tire combo (still with 37's) once this rubber wears out.... & its white not pink the red curtain in pic 2 on the left is just giving pic 1 hint of pink

I am getting 12MPG if I am mostly easy on her and only punch it a few times per tank, haven't gotten a milage rating for being easy on her or all highway yet.... what would be the point of having a Super Charged Hummer if I am worried about getting goo milage!!

I am looking forward from learning from you guys and trust me this this is far from the way I want it set up, but its a real good start!

(Trail pic's coming soon!)
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
photo.jpgphoto-1.jpgI have no idea why this one is uplaoding upside down... Its right side up when I open the file up on my comp...:no:
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Welcome and congrats on the saweeet new ride! :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
You need to ditch the nerfs & we need to find you a set of rock sliders for that beast! How do you like that supercharger?
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Thanks for all the compliments and the welcome guys!!!

The only real complaint I have about the Supercharger is that it would be better suited to a 5 speed trans (I have the 4 speed Auto) at certain speeds it shifts back and forth trying to find its place... I notice it mostly at 100km/h (62mph) so I tend to set the cruise at 96km/h (60mph)... its not really a complaint but there is a decent werring sounds that come for it as well, but I think some DynoMat under the hood should really help that care of that.....

I will prob make up a set of sliders for her in the spring, those running boards are not going to do any good when I meet up with the first obstacle!
But if thats my biggest complain then I think I have nothing to worry about!

Few questions for you guys!

Is there a decent front skid plate that works from the Factory bumper down past the Rancho lift kit: http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_H3T_Suspension_Lift_by_Rancho_p/ran-rs6558b(h3t).htm (see part hanging down the lowest in picture #2)

I am hoping there is a build page on a hidden winch behind the factory bumper, really wanting to have a clean look & a winch at the same time without upgrading to an ARB at this time.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Badass T!!!!

I have the rancho lift and if you have sagging issues look into my spring over mod.

Again your truck is badass! Welcome to h4o
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
That's one sick looking T! Welcome to the forum. You should get PCM For Less to do a custom program for your needs. It would probably help you with your shifting issues.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Is there a decent front skid plate that works from the Factory bumper down past the Rancho lift kit: http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_H3T_Suspension_Lift_by_Rancho_p/ran-rs6558b(h3t).htm (see part hanging down the lowest in picture #2)

I am hoping there is a build page on a hidden winch behind the factory bumper, really wanting to have a clean look & a winch at the same time without upgrading to an ARB at this time.

Check out Thor parts or PM 4speedfunk for a skid
 
Top