• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

eBay metal molle panel

Tdavis

Well-Known Member
Messages
61
Location
Denver, Co
So I purchased a Hummer molle panel from Alan the fabricator. I did have him change the lettering to "alpha" and with the hummer specs. The quality and workmanship is phenomenal. Great guy to deal with.
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
Did you get the eider one? I have the 38 or 39" one at home but I have been in Australia for a few weeks and have not gotten to see it.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
I know im answering my own question but after looking at the pictures a bit closer it should be strong but eventually the weak point becomes what it's mounted to which is plastic. I wonder if there's metal behind the panel to bolt it to that. Either way it should be strong enough to do things like making lunch.
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
I don't plan on mounting mine to plastic. It will be mounted thru the plastic and on the door. Can't wait to get home and start doing some work on the h3
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
Made it back home last night. Its funny how a week trip takes about three weeks to finish. Here is a pi criteria of the panel will have it mounted this weekend.
2013-06-26_09-06-14_182.jpg
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
2013-06-26_20-36-43_877.jpg2013-06-26_20-36-12_292.jpg


Got it mounted. There is about 40lbs of tools in that duffle bag. Its not coming off.
 

Attachments

  • 2013-06-26_20-36-02_643.jpg
    2013-06-26_20-36-02_643.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 577

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
2013-06-26_20-25-13_250.jpg2013-06-26_20-25-19_50.jpg


I used the threaded hex stock that is sold at most hardware stores. It is usually sold with the steel and threaded rod. Then some 1/4" all thread. I used what I had on hand but may replace the upper piece so it matches then lower one. Then used pan head bolts to go thru the plastic panel.
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
I have the first aid kit filled and mounted, have fire starting and signal kit, then stainless drinking cup, UV pen, some survival rations.
2013-07-08_20-13-59_273.jpg
 
Last edited:

08Alpha

Well-Known Member
Messages
62
Location
Central OHIO
Looks good. I'm thinking about the same size for mine. I would like to replace those cheap seat back pockets also.
 

machineguneddie

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Messages
212
Location
Omaha
That looks great. I will have to order one. Great place to hang my get home bags.
I was worried about quick acces to that compartment since I carry my "tailgate" gun in there along with several mags and my orlando breaching hatchet

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
 

TAPDH3T

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,510
Location
Texarkana, Texas
too bad we dont have a perfect spot for one like the 3's do!

I know! I told FRU I was going to build one in the bed of my truck and it was going to slide out and drop to a 45 degree angle on to the ground and nothing but pistols rifles machine guns and bazookas would be on it...
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
You guys have a whole bed for storage...you don't need a panel ;)

I plan on buying one those panels are badass
 

frumaker

Well-Known Member
Messages
455
Location
killeen, tx
Finally finished mine. The pic is with 80 pounds of deer corn on it. I put most of my weight in it too, 230 pounds, and no budge. Thanks jakesz28 for the heads on how to mount it.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375570542.957563.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375570557.867201.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375570572.715168.jpg


FRU
 
Top