• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

eBay metal molle panel

frumaker

Well-Known Member
Messages
455
Location
killeen, tx
I have decided I am going to make my own that covers the whole back door. I can make it a lot cheaper. Thanks for setting this up though


FRU
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
Sent him an email and got one response from him. For $85 plus shipping it will be 25" wide. So just enough to clear the rear access panel. I'm trying to get a price on one 39 to 40" wide. Hope to hear back from him.
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
Guys it sounds like this will be a quick turnaround. He is going to send me an invoice thru PayPal. He said he can have it ready to ship Wednesday. To bad I will be in Australia. But I will post pics when I get home. I'm ordering it.
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
I just ordered one that is 38.75"x11.375" with Hummer accross the top. This is $105 plus shipping with a black matte textured powder coat finish. I have plans on how I'm mounting it to the rear door. It will be mounted securely. Will add it to my build thread when I get home. I have been looking at these and have some plans to add some Molle gear to the rear of the front seats, then some more in the back after that.
 

frumaker

Well-Known Member
Messages
455
Location
killeen, tx
I just built mine today and its measurements are 42 1/2L x 15H. I got it bolted on to the plastic skin on the back door and noticed that the skin does not stay in place with only the lightest pressure. The plastic push pin things pop right out. Any ideas on how to make that more hardy?


FRU
 
Last edited:

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
I will have larger thru holes in the plastic and have metal standoffs attached to the steel door. Will post pictures in a couple weeks. I'm over seas at the moment.
 

TAPDH3T

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,510
Location
Texarkana, Texas
I don't have an SUV but I think it would be cool to see one on the ceiling.. Gear stored above ur head and whe. U need it, it lowers down right in front of the back door for easy access..
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,671
Location
Scottsdale
I used a Safari Straps cargo net for that purpose.
i-Z5zJZ6T-L.jpg
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
I used a Safari Straps cargo net for that purpose.
i-Z5zJZ6T-L.jpg

I had that same net setup in my Xterra... it was amazing how much stuff would find its way up there and stay tucked out of the way!

I would be cool to have the panel swing down...
 
Top