• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Another new guy from Wisconsin

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
late to the welcome party! WELCOME..from a former Cheesehead. Originally from LG, WI.

As for building up your H2, I have built a Rancho lifted H2 in the past. It handled great! And the size tires you have now will have pleanty of room with it. I had 37 13.50 17's on it and was perfect with 17 x9 wheels. Not too wide to really pull/ bind when aired down.

As for advice on building it stronger for harder wheeling:

Rancho Lift with 9000XL shocks with coil springs. Delete the bags if you have them and bypass so you can keep the compressor.
If you need airbags for heavier loads and/ or towing, you add aftermarket bags that will be much more reliable.
Rancho steering stabilizer
Hd Tierods and centerlink
Eaton front locker (wire it to the rear for safety)
Upgrade your UC protection with either 1/4" or full custom to work with your Rancho kit.
Idler/ pitman upgrade with supports

If you wanted to go further you could add in RCV shafts up front too.

...hope that helps some.

As for wheeling that monster, yes you are much bigger than most Jeeps. I have wheeled H2's, H3's and am on my 2nd JK now. If you are wheeling with lifted JK's, your lines on obstacles will be close, however breakover (until you are lifted) will have to taking a little different line. we wheel with pretty much all types of rigs out here, and the brand bashing between buddies just makes it a little more fun. It's the A holes that are serious you'll have to ignore or shut them up when you walk over an obstacle with that truck. :mock:

netrogue

Thanks for the list.

I'm just started focusing on the H2 the last couple of months. I had been busy doing a light restore to a 68 corvette that I just traded off for a 65 mustang. Now between the mustang and the H2, I'm trying to organize the projects.

Here is a pic of the mustang... it will be getting a cosmetic overhaul this winter by changing into a gt350 clone. Currently has a 351w @ 415hp/420tq
mustang.jpg