• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Window visors--who's got 'em?

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
My 3 came with a good set of HUMMER stamped plastic tinted window visors already in place and we really enjoyed them for keeping rain out at drive-thru windows and also able to crack the windows a good bit without letting the weather in.
BUUUTTT--they also made an already small window opening feel even smaller, most notably annoying when I was out wheeling and trying to enjoy the scenery; it just made it alot tougher to enjoy the view.
We've had the deuce over a year and it's been on the back burner of stuff to do, I've just been on the fence. Of course, the 2's window's are slightly bigger than the gun ports that the 3 had, but I don't want to endure the same feeling when trying to look out the window. You gotta remember I'm 6 feet tall, which puts me at the top of the window (not saying little people are bad, it's just I think their view out the window might be different).
Anyway---who's got vent visors and what are your opinions? I'm thinking the number of deuce drivers that have these is going to be small.....

Zach

Mall Crawler
Not a chance kinda like chrome for me Twinmill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightyepp

Same feeling as everyone else. I've seen them and they look just as restricting as the one on the 3s. If all else fails, lower the seat to the floor.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I think they are good for rain but in socal we dont deal with much rain. I am 6'4" in an H3 so I need all the window space I can get.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Hey Zach--did GM market any of these for the deuce under the HUMMER name? Obviously the 3's got 'em that way, but I've never seen 'em for the 2's.
With this now being the second time my wife dumped milk in the back seat (this one got blamed on my daughter, who's learning to drive and stepped on the brakes hard. Who'da thunk a gallon of milk sitting on the seat would shift to the floor??), leaving the windows cracked ALL the time is becoming mandatory. And it rains alot in Florida......

Zach

Mall Crawler
Hey Zach--did GM market any of these for the deuce under the HUMMER name? Obviously the 3's got 'em that way, but I've never seen 'em for the 2's.
With this now being the second time my wife dumped milk in the back seat (this one got blamed on my daughter, who's learning to drive and stepped on the brakes hard. Who'da thunk a gallon of milk sitting on the seat would shift to the floor??), leaving the windows cracked ALL the time is becoming mandatory. And it rains alot in Florida......

I don't see any listed from GM for the 2. Even if they had them, they would probably be discontinued like most of the other accessories

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Discontinued would have been OK, I'm having a blast finding LOTs of stuff no longer made; I've only found one HUMMER hitch step at a great price, the others cost as much as biologically cleaning malforous odors out of your carpet.
As for Rhino lining---oh boy, that would be awesome, and I'm probably going to need to make some big honkin' drain holes too!

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
I had the on onhe of my H2's for a week. took them off. found the windows to be too narrow and since mine were smoked made an already thick A Pillar smaller. took a heat gun to soften up the 3M tape and removed them.

On a side note, I"m going to ask Pixel Decals to make a couple for you "Got Milk" and send them to you. :mock:

Gaza

well hopefully you guys dont make to much fun of me but I have a set on my rig lol ....where I live they work great keeping out rain and snow ,as my tires stick out quite a bit more then my fenders.. so I get a pretty big rooster tails off my front tires on wet days (lots here) and Im 6'5" and they dont bother me at all when Im out wheeling . Mine were OEM and are stamped HUMMER . Picked them up 3 years ago so might be hard to find now a days .......and for the record my truck never goes to the mall lol .

Attachments

• IMG-20110119-00066.jpg
    IMG-20110119-00066.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 254

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
We won't make fun of you Gaza. We just like to tease peckerhead, I mean twinmill.

Impressive rig you got there.

Zach

Mall Crawler
We won't give you a hard time here. Great looking rig. Although, it is missing some H4O decals. Just love pulling Twinmill's chain

Last edited:

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Hey, thanks for the input and pics there Gaza. I don't mind the looks so much, I'd be looking for a set that fits inside the window opening though.
On another note, have you caught up with the guys for any of the Waiporous runs? Last one I did Guy and his wife brought in his H1 from Ed town, pretty cool, they were pulling a travel trailer--not an everyday site.

Gaza

twinmill I always wheel with the Alberta guys out at Waiporous and Mclean Creek ...the time you came up i was in Cabo getting drunk and flirting with the ladies lol . We actually just did a run up to the falls at Waiporous ..were doing another run on the 15th ..doing a night run . You ever gonna make up for another run?

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
The first Waiporous run I made was up to the falls--man it was beautiful. The last time seemed to be alot more challenging as we broke a truck right at the start and buried the rest in every mud hole we encountered. Steve inadvertanty jumped in some really cold water up to his chest on one of the holes (I think it was cold--he had a really shocked look on his face once the water went passed his nuts!).
None-the-less it was a blast. Well, until Karl decided to go skinny dipping at the lake--in front of everybody, including the kids!
I'd love to get back up there again, but now that we're in Florida, I'm not seeing the deuce making it back up there. The in-laws are in Calgary, so we'll probably be flying out in the future. Ideally, I'd like to catch up with Harold and do the wheeling thing in style and just ride in his Alpha!

mightyepp

Discontinued would have been OK, I'm having a blast finding LOTs of stuff no longer made; I've only found one HUMMER hitch step at a great price, the others cost as much as biologically cleaning malforous odors out of your carpet.
As for Rhino lining---oh boy, that would be awesome, and I'm probably going to need to make some big honkin' drain holes too!

There are actually drain holes under the carpet. One on the driver side floor and some in the cargo compartment. I ripped mine out. All the wires run under the trimming along the side or through the center console, so there are no wires exposed except those that run to the seats, but they are wrapped up tight and you barely notice them. You do see the vents that run on the passenger side floor, but it doesn't distract. I just threw some husky liners down. Only bad part is it is a lot louder inside.