• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

WTB - Hummer H3 OEM Brush / Grill Guard fit 09 Alpha

nortongrand

Active Member
Messages
26
Location
Usa
WTB - Hummer H3X OEM Brush / Grill Guard fit 09 Alpha

Hello. I have a 2009 H3t Alpha that I am looking for the H3X OEM Brush guard. Will include a pic here. It is a little thicker than the just round brush guards.
If you have one, please let me know.
Thank you
2006-hummer-h3x.jpg
 
Last edited:

DFW Spartan

Well-Known Member
Messages
125
Location
Dallas, TX
That looks like the brush guard that was on my H3T when I bought it. As far as i knew, it was OEM.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

gfbh3t

Well-Known Member
Messages
140
Location
Lockport, NY
I purchased a H3t bed extender from him. He said he removed these parts from his T when he traded it in. And that they were all GM parts.
 

DFW Spartan

Well-Known Member
Messages
125
Location
Dallas, TX
The H3X did come with a slightly different OEM brush guard (GM 25966635). Maybe that's what you're thinking of? But those are the only two OEM brush guards that I'm aware of.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

nortongrand

Active Member
Messages
26
Location
Usa
Yes, It really matches the lines of the front perfectly and seems to be thicker/wider around the headlights
 

Alpha X

Well-Known Member
Messages
453
Location
The Motor City
You mean the useless plastic one? I never understood the point of that one.

I had one like the H3x style. It was metal. I think it was cast steel and chromed, if I recall correctly. They don't appear to be as strong as the bent tube style. If you want it for looks, it's fine.
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,673
Location
Scottsdale
It's not plastic, but it's not bent pipe either like a traditional brush guard. It's a U-shaped casting and it's 3 pieces bolted together.
 

nortongrand

Active Member
Messages
26
Location
Usa
Do you feel that if going down the road let's say 45mph and a deer runs right out in front of you, would it protect the hummer?
or just probably break and bust out headlights and suffer front end damage anyways?
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,673
Location
Scottsdale
Neither one will protect you from that situation, but the traditional one will better protect you from rogue shopping carts than the H3X one, as well as occasional tree branches on the trails.
 

JPaul

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,436
Location
Way up north, UT
I stand corrected. Looks like plastic in all the pictures I have seen, but stamped or cast metal is only marginally better I think.

Yeah, neither is going to stop a deer, you need a proper bullbar like the ARB for that. These are just brush guards, they'll help deflect brush and small branches but that is pretty much it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
 

nortongrand

Active Member
Messages
26
Location
Usa
True. I probably will go with the tube actually metal one. I would like for something to lessen the impact if something were to unexpectedly happen.
I truly very much appreciate it for you guys and your help! :)
 

NIR

Member
Messages
13
Location
NEW YORK
that grill looks great but its not rugged , i believe its made of diecast. also breaks down to 4 pcs.
 
Top