• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wheel Spacers for a Lifted H3?

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
If somebody were to lift their H3, but want to keep the OEM wheels, would that be possible? If so, which spacers would one need?

I understand there are some wheeling disadvantages to adding another component into the mix, but just humor me. (As per usual.) ;)

EDIT -- Question was answered:
The factory back spacing is 5.84", which would require at least a 1.34" spacer to achieve a 4.5" back spacing but I would suggest a 1.5" spacer for some added clearance.

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
SundownaudioNY and I had a conversation about this and he had found a Rancho lifted H3 using stock rims, I didnt save the thread so I will have to do some searching but it has been done. I think it was a 2in spacer once he joins he can chime in

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Thanks, Chris! Please post up when you find the old thread. (Godspeed...lol)

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
thanks-1.jpg

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
SundownaudioNY and I had a conversation about this and he had found a Rancho lifted H3 using stock rims, I didnt save the thread so I will have to do some searching but it has been done. I think it was a 2in spacer once he joins he can chime in
I will post up the photos and more infomation here in just a second....

05Mudiak

I would think 2-2.5" I am not sure though. you need 4.5" back spacing. Not sure what the factory backspacing is just ad a big enough spacer to make it 4.5"s. I am sure someone on here knows the factory backspacing if not I am sure google knows I will see if I can find it

05Mudiak

ok think I found it if its right I am not sure. but I found 6" so with that you would need a 1.5" spacer. take you stock wheel on the back side run a straight edge across the the rim then measure straight down to the mounting surface. That will be your back spacing.From what I found should be 6"

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
The factory back spacing is 5.84", which would require at least a 1.34" spacer to achieve a 4.5" back spacing but I would suggest a 1.5" spacer for some added clearance. I have seen two H3's with lift kits and factory wheels. One was a H3 with a Rancho lift kit and 2" wheels spacers. The other was running a Tuff Country lift and Boulder Accessories Hutchison beadlocks. Just

Last edited:

SlikRick

Lookin for Hope or Change
The factory back spacing is 5.84", which would require at least a 1.34" spacer to achieve a 4.5" back spacing but I would suggest a 1.5" spacer for some added clearance. I have see two H3's with lift kits and factory wheels. One was a H3 with a Rancho lift kit and 2" wheels spacers. The other was running a Tuff Country lift and Boulder Accessories Hutchison beadlocks. Just
Pics or it never happened.:cool:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Cool. Well, now that question is answered for anybody who ever needs it. Thanks Solarflare!

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I talked to Motorsports Tech about making a set of 1.5" spacers when I was debating a Rancho kit. They can build a set of four custom made hub centric to wheel centric spacer for this application for $240 plus shipping. They are 100% made in the USA from 100% USA made materials.
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

I found some results on eBay as well...any opinions from anyone on these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMMER-H3-WHEEL-ADAPTER-SPACERS-FREE-LUGS-1-50-2pc-/160635601249?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHummer|Model%3AH3&hash=item2566a0c161#ht_2461wt_982

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Hummer-H3-06-10-Wheel-Spacers-Adapters-1-5-/280475370892?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item414da2858c#ht_1587wt_1165
[/URL]

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
No no no...just curious is all. :eek:

lol, well I will watch this thread. In case I ever rancho mine I would like to keep the stock rims. I cant spend money on something I will beat the hell out of....my rims cant leave those damn rocks alone:cool:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
The spacers you posted in the links above are not hub centric to wheel centric. The H3 uses hub centric wheels and for safty and ride quality the spacers really should be hub centric to wheel centric.

SlikRick

Lookin for Hope or Change
I talked to Motorsports Tech about making a set of 1.5" spacers when I was debating a Rancho kit. They can build a set of four custom made hub centric to wheel centric spacer for this application for $240 plus shipping. They are 100% made in the USA from 100% USA made materials.
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

Motorsports Tech makes some great spacers, I ran their spacers on my Nissan 720 for the last 12 years. The motor is built in her and I drive her like a mad man, I have never had a lug break or loosen on the adapters in those years.