• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What other vehicles wheels "lug pattern" will work on my H2?

GreyGhost

Active Member
Messages
41
Location
AR
I want to buy aftermarket new or used wheels for my H2… are there other trucks like dodge, ford, etc that will be the same lug pattern as my 06 H2 SUT???
 

Big2dabank

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Central Florida
Last edited:

autumn walker

Well-Known Member
Messages
707
Location
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am not sure if anything less than 17" clears the calipers on the H2.

I'm running 16" lug-centric wheels on my H2, no clearance issues.

You need an 8x6.5 bolt pattern - HD Ford, Dodge, and Chev will all fit if you get the right vintage. I believe that Chev stuff up to last year will fit, Ford up to 1998 and current Dodge. The wheels I'm running on mine are aftermarket, but were originally purchased for an older HD Dodge truck.
 

MessiaH2

Well-Known Member
Messages
254
Location
Indian Mills, New Jersey
Here is a link to some vehicles that have the same bolt pattern. I have not scrutenized this list so some of this may not be accurate. You need to watch the hub center bore size and make sure the wheels clear the calipers, I am not sure if anything less than 17" clears the calipers on the H2.
http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-...tudSpreadInch=6.5&StudSpreadMM=#axzz2gf8JjaGg


Big2 is correct in that you need to watch the center bore size. I just looked at that chart for Hummer H2 http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-...base.asp?Makes=HUMMER&Models=H2#axzz2gfGnjIib and I am surprised at what it is saying. that lug pattern is More common then i thought.

One thing that is NOT addressed is offset, or BS (backspacing) You will need to keep an eye on that because it effects a lot. Especially if you decide to go with a lift. As an example when i bought my 6" Fabtech i needed 4.5 BS or the wheels would NOT fit. So there was NO WAY i could use stock wheels. this also created a small issue because NOT all wheels are created equal...LOL Basically I had a limited choose because NOT many wheels have that much BS. Just buyer beware... The chart is good because if you want to get rid of your rims, you will know who should buy them. Good luck
 

GreyGhost

Active Member
Messages
41
Location
AR
Wow lots of options then! Thanks for the replys guys. Not real sure if I'm gonna lift it, but I'd like some black wheels that are wider and more offset.
 

MessiaH2

Well-Known Member
Messages
254
Location
Indian Mills, New Jersey
Wow, the info on the Fabtech lift is good to know, that's the lift I was looking at going with. My understanding is that it's one of the best for ride comfort close to stock?

Twin - I LOVE my lift an highly recommend it. I have airbags and I think the ride is actually better now. I get a small, and I mean small amount of tilt on high speed turns but realize I drive like a madman. I chose to stick with one shock but there is a two shock system you can choose but I am sure it will be stiffer. Hit me up when your ready and I will tell you everything. I have owned about 5 different lift kits since the 80's and :holymoly have they come a long way. I did not do the install myself but the guy that did it said it was very user friendly and after he drove it, said it might be the best riding lift he has ever installed. He has a 4x4 shop and does at least a lift a week since about 1980... Even with my ridiculous tires I can be doing 80 on any road and let go of the wheel...Straight as an arrow, NO shimmy or anything, totally awesome and unbelievable but TRUE.




I wanted to lift MessiaH2 and run my tires and rims for a while until I could afford to get all new... The people i was buying the lift from told me that the Fabtech people said the new "swing arms" i think where going to REQUIRE me to have 4.5" BS... When i looked into that deeper they were correct. The TOP arm definitely IMG_20131007_085946_514.jpgIMG_20131007_085936_593.jpg would hit into the back of the rim and without the proper BS on these new rims, i would have been screwed.I would have had a lifted truck and never been able to fit my stock tires and wheels on so i would have been dead in the water.


Now with that said you have to remember that BS like 4.5 also pushes IMG_20131007_085957_135.jpgthe wheels and look of the tire OUT...IMG_20130705_151225_769.jpgNow for me that is the look I wanted and I am a mudder not a climber so it all worked out. Also when looking at this picture remember I have 15.5wide Mud Grapplers which could be considered extreme...LOL :horns: I just went out and measured and the back tires are about 3" past the stock fender flare and the front wheels are about 5"... Now here again i choose to run (illegal) this way because i prefer the look but i will say when i hit the mud, I HAVE to have my windows and sunroof closed!!!

You should hit up Fighting Hampster...I think I read he is removing his 6" Fabtech and going Bigger. Just food for thought to maybe save you some money. Good luck. hope this helps, later!
 

GreyGhost

Active Member
Messages
41
Location
AR
Messiah your rig is a beast and I too dig the width of the wheels n tires. I've personally installed a 6 fab on my old 2001 f150 and it performed flawless. Only lift I like better is BDS now.
 

LoJac963

Well-Known Member
Messages
491
Location
Surprise, AZ
We have debated wheel spacers on the different forums multiple times. I personally would not run spacers on such a heavy vehicle with such heavy wheels. Some do run them without issue. IF you did do spacers you would need hub centric spacers-NOT lug centric which are much more expensive. Lug centric are generally much cheaper.


To the OP. Just look on sites like TireRack. That is where I bought my aftermarket wheels. They come mounted and balanced, include new lugs and a gorilla wrench. The combo was so much cheaper than buying locally. I forgot my backspacing but I did push my wheels out since I am running offroad fender flares.

H2's look meaner than hell with the wheels pushed out a bit.

20140729_185847.jpg


20140729_185757.jpg


20140729_190717.jpg


I stayed with stock 17" wheels. I guess I'm old school, I remember having a gigantic lifted truck with 15" wheels. To offroad you want as much sidewall as you can get. These idiots driving around with lifted trucks with 20-22" wheels and rubber band tires is an absolute joke.
 

The_Mountain

Well-Known Member
Messages
109
Location
Cow Hampshire
...To offroad you want as much sidewall as you can get. These idiots driving around with lifted trucks with 20-22" wheels and rubber band tires is an absolute joke.

Thank you! Never ceases to amaze me, seeing "offroad" trucks with 20" rims, little bitty tires with the beads pushed out to try to cover the rims, and stupidly-wide wheel spacers.
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
You guys dont know what u talking about. 20" rim with 38+ tire looks and performs just great. Been running this set up for many years now. 16/17 rim looks stupid with a big tire.
 
Top