• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What have I done

Jrod

Hello all, Jarod here. I purchased an 06 h3 with adventure package a year ago. I’ve only put 3000 miles on it but very fun and muddy miles. Within the year I have also put a steering linkage, upper control arms, front wheel bearings, front brake lines and a radiator. Now my rear pinion seal is leaking, ac has broke down, I have wobble in my fan and I think the water pump is leaking and about to go out. I want to keep this thing forever. The question is should I? I mean, when do the repairs stop? Should I look for another one now that I know what to look for to be my possible ride for life?

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
How many miles are on it?
You have to remember, even the newest h3 is 14-15 years old at this point, with yours being 18 years old. They have little to no support left, and you have to get creative. They're going to need maintenance, a lot of maintenance

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
It’s gonna happen. It’s a 2006, 18 years old.

My buddy has an 06 LBZ Duramax. 200k miles. injectors, hydroboost, water pump, rear driveshaft u joints and front end bushings all in the past year or so.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Every part you listed is a consumable and could be due for replacement on an 18 year old vehicle. The great thing about buying used is the money that's saved, but IMO you should always allocate a good amount for maintenance. Most people don't sell right after they fix their vehicles; they sell them when they need some work. (I may be the foolish exception to this rule.) I just helped my nephew get a $4700 Altima, a 2012, and I've got $400 in parts together to address some of the basic needs. I haven't checked brakes yet and I'd like to replace the crappy brand tires on there, but we'll wait until fall when he'll need better cold weather tires. So all in, it's likely to take up to $1400 in parts to get this car where I want it to be, and there's no labor in that figure. Oh, and the $150 to get it detailed.

Hi, Mickal here I drive an 08 H-3 Base model I’ve changed the motor, transmission, transfer case both front and rear drive shafts installed LED lights, 3”lift, put 33inch tires 22”rims new stereo 12”MO3 speakers in a kicker box.. Lamborghini doors kit to be installed next I LOVE MY TRUCK

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpeg
    IMG_0497.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 11