• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

rascole

I though mine was leaking a couple of years ago but after I took it out and brought it to a shop and did a pressure test, no leaks at 15 PSI. It ended up leaking from the top hose connection, I didn't have the old radiator to compare the OD of the top neck, but I guessed that the CSF was slightly smaller. I wrapped it with a couple of thin rubber pieces and no more leaks.

atvspeed4

I though mine was leaking a couple of years ago but after I took it out and brought it to a shop and did a pressure test, no leaks at 15 PSI. It ended up leaking from the top hose connection, I didn't have the old radiator to compare the OD of the top neck, but I guessed that the CSF was slightly smaller. I wrapped it with a couple of thin rubber pieces and no more leaks.

Hmm we checked the top hose closely and it did not show any sign of being wet. Its wet all along the botton inside of the fins where it is welded to the bottom tank area. Ill look again at the top hose though. With how much aluminum expands when it gets hot, I wonder if the leak only shows when my radiator really heats up.

rascole

True about the aluminum. Have you tested your yet? I know there have been a few others with leaks, would be nice to know exactly where others are leaking.

amrg

Yeah many who bought from the first batch of csf radiators ended up getting leaks with them, which is why I went with the griffin radiator. It is more expensive but it is a 2 core radiator with dual 1.25" wide tubes
Csf did say they addressed their issue since.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Traxx

500 bucks for a radiator??? I got 100k out of the original delco and replaced it with the same when I changed the water pump, belts and hoses. Rather spend the extra 300 on other projects.

atvspeed4

500 bucks for a radiator??? I got 100k out of the original delco and replaced it with the same when I changed the water pump, belts and hoses. Rather spend the extra 300 on other projects.

The OEM replacement doesnt last that long for everyone unfortunately.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Was able to connect my OnStar microphone to my aftermarket stereo yesterday. Today, I designed a simple PCB board to connect easily connect it. Hope to have real world plug and play test product in 2 weeks.

Also, I have a simple inexpensive camera mount that goes between the spare tire mount and tire so that the camera is hidden.

Without any hiccups, I look forward to these being available to purchase at the end of the month.

OnStar-Hack-v1.png

2010H3TAlpha

Was able to connect my OnStar microphone to my aftermarket stereo yesterday. Today, I designed a simple PCB board to connect easily connect it. Hope to have real world plug and play test product in 2 weeks.

Also, I have a simple inexpensive camera mount that goes between the spare tire mount and tire so that the camera is hidden.

Without any hiccups, I look forward to these being available to purchase at the end of the month.

OnStar-Hack-v1.png

Oh wow, so this means hands free BT cell phone use with ANY headunit?

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Oh wow, so this means hands free BT cell phone use with ANY headunit?

Na, I've bailed on that idea. Android auto is so powerful, along with Apple Carplay that I would be wasting everyone's money. This is to connect the factory OnStar Microphone to aftermarket radio head units like Sony, Pioneer, Alpine, etc.

H3V8

Swapped out the OEM sliders for the Rocky Road kicker sliders. Great service from rocky road and they offset the sliders by 1 inch to account for the body lift! They stick out plenty to use as a step to get in also.

qjve1XF.jpg

ce6dXib.jpg

Also got the STARR HIDs installed from RamRod. Took a bit of adjusting to make sure that I wasn't blinding anyone, but they are plug-and-play as advertised and the light output is fantastic.

36WkaYk.jpg

Here's a comparison shot taken from the dash cam of the stock halogen housing with the Philips CrystalVision Ultras versus the STARR HID projector with the 55w ballast and 6000k bulbs. It's a little blurry since I just paused the video on each to take a picture of the same spot.

EF2mp6R.png

Acer4LO

I love the sliders H3V8! I think this is first pic I have seen of an H3 with the kick out panel on their RRO sliders.

Asethr

Did transmission gasket,filter and fluid change. Put in a new oil pan gasket (worst project EVER) along with an oil change. Replaced my front diff support bolt that went missing a week or so ago. New MAF sensor... and tomorrow I have to tinker with the front end. My camber bolts keep coming loose after ~100 turns or so :gaah:

EndeavoredH3

My camber bolts keep coming loose after ~100 turns or so :gaah:

Try some medium strength blue threadlocker if the nut and bolt look good. (Not stripped, stretched, yadda). My caliper mounting bolts were coming loose every couple of off-road excursions due to rocky and wash boarded roads. I added some of the threadlocker to the bolt and it hasn't became loose since. Now whenever I remove a suspension bolt I add the threadlocker for security.

Never heard of the stuff until a friend recommended it a couple years, still young and learning.

mjferencak

How hard/difficult is that? I have one of the climate control knobs and the traction control button light above the screen thats out.

Not hard just be sure your HVAC knobs are in the correct positions when reassembling otherwise you won’t have full range on your controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
How hard/difficult is that? I have one of the climate control knobs and the traction control button light above the screen thats out.
The HVAC bulbs are pretty easy the simply twist in. The 4x4 control bulbs are all soldered on. Not hard just a little more involved.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk