• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What Ammunition to Carry?

deserth3

I was shooting everyday and now it has been 3 months. I probabaly can't hit the broad side of a barn now.

LOL... There's alot of people out there like that already. What have you been shooting. The XDs isn't a good weapon to learn on.

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
LOL... There's alot of people out there like that already. What have you been shooting. The XDs isn't a good weapon to learn on.
I was shooting my 380 and 9mm. Now that I have been home a while things are back to normal but ammo is hard to get so most of the shooting is 22LR.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Great article, Desert.

Kyle - what are you talking about? Guess I could go back and read a few pages . . .

Kyle

in the original post by deserth3 he said this (It comes from an incident some of our fellow Hummer owners came upon a few years back in Moab) was curious as to what happened?

58Bisc

I was shooting my 380 and 9mm. Now that I have been home a while things are back to normal but ammo is hard to get so most of the shooting is 22LR.

2x this. Was shooting my .45's, 9mm's and my .380 untill the ammo crunch. Now even the .22's are hard to come by now. They are much cheaper though and between my Ruger SR22 pistol and my Ruger 10/22 rifle, it is easy to go through 1000 rounds a weekend. They can't control the guns we have, but if they get to the ammo supply we all stop shooting. It would take a billion dollar industry out of our economy.

bendyprissy

Just an FYI..."know of" patient with gunshot to the "left" side of his chest with a 357 with a hollow point & the only thing that happened was a bruised heart & collapsed lung. Patient is walkie talkie. Suprised the hell out of me. Making my 38 special not feel so special anymore.

Silverton34

So, about three years ago in Moab, if it had been a real bear, you know, the four legged brown furry type, not the two legged pony tail type. Could we have brought him down from a dead run with a group of scared old guys spraying the area with .380, 9mm, .40 and .45 hand guns? :giggle::giggle: It's really difficult shooting at something behind you when you are at a full run!:)

That was a good time I will never forget!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
In wandering through numerous firearms venues in CA it appears that Glocks are in short supply. In Texas I did notice a decent inventory.

Kurt

Yeah, I'll probably end up paying a premium on that, theres a local gun store in Burbank which has a full inventory, mostly because they are charging 10-25% above MSRP. Which is fine, I'd pay that just to save time running around or doing private sales.

Checked out the new S&W M&P-10 AR-10 .308, thats going on my to get list.

Silverton34

In wandering through numerous firearms venues in CA it appears that Glocks are in short supply. In Texas I did notice a decent inventory.
I have been looking for a Glock 23, they are .40. Gunbroker has some but I'm not in a hurry so will buy locally when I can. I wish they would come out with a .40 single stack, the Glocks of today are just a bit wide for CC. I do have a 17 with a lightened trigger that shoots perfectly.

Ron46

Capt.
All the ranges and dealers in NJ and NY are saying that glock is not making guns for civilians until next year. So once they are out they are out, and in NJ and NY they are out, and I checked probably about 8 different places and they are all out, but one place had a g20 and a g27, but they expected those to sell the same day.

Last edited:

58Bisc

I have been looking for a Glock 23, they are .40. Gunbroker has some but I'm not in a hurry so will buy locally when I can. I wish they would come out with a .40 single stack, the Glocks of today are just a bit wide for CC. I do have a 17 with a lightened trigger that shoots perfectly.

Just a thought, but have you looked at the Ruger SR40c? It's a 1 1/2 stack and a nice carry piece. Great ergonomics in the hand.

DJinCO

All the ranges and dealers in NJ and NY are saying that glock is not making guns for civilians until next year. So once they are out they are out, and in NJ and NY they are out, and I checked probably about 8 different places and they are all out, but one place had a g20 and a g27, but they expected those to sell the same day.

Sounds a bit fishy to me. More gun-grab politico if you ask me.
I feel your pain. Especially after we get bent-over tomorrow when hickenlooper signs those bills into an unconstitutional and unenforceable law.

Silverton34

All the ranges and dealers in NJ and NY are saying that glock is not making guns for civilians In liberal states until next year. So once they are out they are out, and in NJ and NY they are out, and I checked probably about 8 different places and they are all out, but one place had a g20 and a g27, but they expected those to sell the same day.

Fixed it for you

Silverton34

Colorado today enacted three new gun control bills that are written with the most vague terms imaginable. The door is left wide open to liberal interpretation that will land you in prison for minimal absences from your weapons like a one week vacation while they are safely in your home firearms vault.

I really hate to say it but I smell revolution within five years or at least succession by some western border states.

SkinGripz

That statement is the same as H1 owners saying the H2 and H3 aren't Hummers.

Maybe you should have said the original 1911 was a 45.

I was most definitely just playing.

I completely support everyones right to carry an inferior round if they so choose. (Damn, did it again):)

Really though, just playing. My daily carry is a Kimber Ultra Raptor in .45 but when I dont feel like carrying the weight, or I'm fishing or something, I carry a Ruger LCP ultra compact .380 (Nato 9mm).

And, I dare anyone to say an H3 isnt a real hummer to my face...:wink: