• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Uwharrie Wheeling Trip - Sept. 21-23

JGBB04

We need to do a Harlan(Black Mnt) trip, I've done the THCI trip the last 3 years but if you want to put one together here I'm in.

JGBB04

ok I'll start a post now for some time in 2013:horns:vaca funds for me will be low until then after Moab again

Last edited:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Here are some hi-res photos from the outing!

Here I guess I'm trying to see over my bumper to make sure I won't scrape... :wink:

ledgeapproach2.jpg

ledgecrawl1.jpg

ledgecrawl2.jpg

ledgecrawl2.jpg

A mixture of bright sun in the eyes and pucker...

ledgecrawl4.jpg

I could feel the wiggle-jiggle...

3wheeling2.jpg

3wheeling1.jpg

Last edited:

Pappibri

Awesome pics Hans. I think the cherry has been broken... See the capable beast that you have. Now just need to get you some good grippers for your feet.. Good job, and thanks for posting the pics.:thumbs:

rebell_h3

i need to get on here more. i sat at home that day and i could have been there having fun. i know those hills i have a rzrs and they give that thing hell climbing up them.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Hans, how did the lift do? I know that Tuff Country is the cheaper of the two, what's your review?

The lift performed exceedingly well. Zero dip, very stable, and gave me enough extra height to where I only scraped once all day. I was very impressed with it.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Awesome pics Hans. I think the cherry has been broken... See the capable beast that you have. Now just need to get you some good grippers for your feet.. Good job, and thanks for posting the pics.:thumbs:

Thanks Pap -- yes, tires and a VR Series are high on my to-do list. The A/Ts actually did a lot better here than they did in the wetter terrain of Rausch Creek. Still though...could have been better. :wink:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
i need to get on here more. i sat at home that day and i could have been there having fun. i know those hills i have a rzrs and they give that thing hell climbing up them.

Dang... Next time, for sure. Are you on the NC Hummer Group on facebook? Check it out if not. I posted there as well.

telemike

Hummer Enthusiast
Was that mainly Daniel? I have not been to URE since 1999. Getting back into the fun hopefully soon with an 07 H3 Adventure. I wonder how much the trails have changed? I remember that corner at the top of Daniel having major pucker factor as I almost flipped over there with my 4Runner (dual lockers).

hockeymanam

I was just at URE this past weekend and couldnt get myself to go up daniel. I have sliders coming soon then i will give it a try! but you think a rear locked h3 with 35's could go up daniel? OPINIONS?

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I was extremely nervous to tackle Daniel, but with the keen spotting (and emotional support :wink:) of Recon and a Jeep fellow we ran with I only scraped my undercarriage once all day. It was a blast and I'm glad I did it.

Welcome aboard, fellow NCers!! Nice to see some more "local" guys on the board. :cheers:

telemike

Hummer Enthusiast
I am going to met up with y'all soon. Getting our H3 this week! Just placed a deposit on a 2007 adventure.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Very nice! Be sure to introduce yourself in the new members section and post some pics!

Sent using Tapacrack