• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

UPDATED! Group Buy - tomp low profile shock mounts

tomp

Funds received for 11 sets. Ordering will be place first thing tomorrow morning. I’ll keep everyone posted on progress.

tomp

Looking at 1-2 weeks as they have to order long blocks of steel. Then it takes about a full day to cut and mill them out. Another day for me to pack them up. You’ll be very pleased when they arrive. They will ship priority

tomp

Gents, I'm contacting machine shop today to get us a quick status update. Just didn't want to leave everyone hanging without it:)

tomp

Gents - sorry this seems to be taking longer than normal. I just called asking for update and my contact is at lunch and awaiting his callback. When I called last time they said they were waiting on a PO and I explained to him that we've never used a PO and has always been cash payment. He said they would start immediately and he was not aware I was cash payment. Again, my apologies, I am on top of it.

tomp

Hi.... I called about 30 min ago asking for update. They’re to check with shop forearm and email me an update. I’ll share once I receive it.

tomp

Gents, no email with status yet. I’ll call again in morning. Funds are still with me and won’t leave out if my control until product is in my position. I’m only saying this so you don’t worry and there’s absolutely nothing to worry about. This machine shop is very reputable and I know the owner personally and he’s on my Facebook, so please rest assured.

tomp

Guys, my apologies for being the bearer of bad news but the shop is running behind a few weeks. They are working overtime to get all orders out as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Tom Patterson

tomp

Just that they’re trying hard to process all
of their orders in the pipeline. My apologies this is taking much longer than we thought. Apparently Trumps plan to bring back manufacturing is working but it’s negatively impacting production delivery. If anyone feels nervous, please know your funds are secure and you are more than welcome to reach out to me personally, even PM for my cell if necessary. Thank you for all of y’all patience.

Tom Patterson

DFW Spartan

By any chance, has the machine shop provided you with an updated estimated delivery date yet?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

tomp

I wish brother! We are creeping up to the top of the list, slowly but surely. I’ll check with them again this week. Thank you for your patience.

tomp

Parts are done, being delivered to my home address tonight. My apologies it took this long. It will take me a couple days to pack them up and get them to post office.

EndeavoredH3

Parts are done, being delivered to my home address tonight. My apologies it took this long. It will take me a couple days to pack them up and get them to post office.

I have since moved after this was organized, I will PM you my new current address.

tomp

Please see my PM reply. Need to ask please send updated address to my email and I’m not at my PC

tomp

Update

Gents, Alex will post pic today. However, we have a couple of very small issues that I'd like to ask for your patience on. I'm including below the email I sent the shop this morning. Also note, part of the initial delay was caused by their entire shop relocating to a new facility. That's been resolved and why you'll notice in my email to them that I need the new locations' address.

"Chris dropped off my order. We have a few issues that need to be workedout:
1. Platesappear to be Rev1 so they require very very slight machining & requirenecessary machined spacers (22 spacers total since the order was for 11 pair)to get them to latest Revision. Basically the hole where the bolt sits, needsto have the lip machined off so the bolt doesn't rest against it when tighteneddown. The spacers sit in front of the bolt and tighten up against the shockabsorber so the shock's lower pivot bushing doesn't slide left/right and causea rattling sound and eliminates movement of the lower portion of the shockabsorber. These spacers tighten up against the lower shock bushing
2. Thereare only 10 pairs of plates and order was for 11 pair
3. Thereare only 10 bolts and I need 22 total since we ordered 11 pair, so I need 12more bolts

I'll get them dropped off to you ASAP. Please let me knowyour new shop's location address?

Thank you... Call me if you need to…"

Please see my PM reply. Need to ask please send updated address to my email and I’m not at my PC