• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Uh-Oh...I bought a Jeep

Fish

Well the jeeps are great for going to the grocery store and easy er to park.

Haha! You called it! I got a 2015 Jeep Cherokee for the wife, we are expecting our first kid and she needed an SUV. I got the Cherokee Latitude, we never even considered the Jeeps but stopped by the dealership while we were out looking and they have some good rebates right now and next thing we know we got one. I'll be honest and thought the new cherokees were hideous when they first came out, but they look much better in person IMO. Its just a 2WD but its nicely equipped.

Here are crappy cell phone pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• B188C16B-DC3A-46E4-83E0-3F671823E50E.jpg
    B188C16B-DC3A-46E4-83E0-3F671823E50E.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 463
  • 3AD972B9-C23B-4384-8E25-ADB8A63F2F65.jpg
    3AD972B9-C23B-4384-8E25-ADB8A63F2F65.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 455

Fish

hey, the wifes happy, my bank account is happy, and you all can suck my solid axle...just sayin :)

...not like I expected compliments posting it on this forum:giggle:

Fish

Thanks....instead of the base model 4 banger we got the v6 and it has the stop/start option so the engine will shut off when your stopped under certain conditions. I'm still getting used to it and it feels weird. Some times at a red light as soon as you stop the engine turns off. You can disable it but it's interesting

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Glad you got a good deal. Looked at them a while back with a friend that needed a DD and the value wasn't there - and he already has a Jeep TJ.

Fish

So far it's really not too bad. The split second you let off the brake the engine starts so by the time your foot is even near the gas it's already running. I guess how much gas it saves depends on the type of driving you do, freeway driving like I do wouldn't help much but my wife is mostly driving around town so it could help there. Jeep hate aside, so far ( yha only 3 days) it seems like a good vehicle.

I did check out the fully loaded and then some $64,000 4 door Rubicon at the dealer and it did look pretty fun, but it's still not a Hummer.

Fish

Haha :). Not to defend the jeeps price but it was a fully loaded rubi, plus dealer installed lift with nice rims and tires, warn winch, LED light bars, aftermarket bumpers, under carriage protection, snorkel, basically everything we would add as serious off roaders and then some. Base price was much lower without all the dealer add ons but I have to say it was pretty sweet.