• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

U.S. Army Survival Guide APP

MuDnYrI

Thank God I never had to use it but it's good to know it's on my phone if I need it!
Anybody else know of any other good related APPS?

Description
Put the entire U.S. Army survival guide on your phone, offline. Can install on sd card(2.2+). Based on the U.S. Army Survival Manual FM 3-05.70
keywords: hiking backpacking biking camping hunting skiing snowmobiling running outdoors poisonous snakes insects edible plants animals find water shelter survive travel desert mountains wilderness survivor knots marine corps navy usmc air force

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Great idea! I carry a copy of the manual in my rig, under the passenger front seat. Like you, hope I never need it, but a great manual. And that's the new version too.

Flash

The SAS survival book is a worthwhile resource. Paperback. No battery power required :huh:

Chook

Description
Put the entire U.S. Army survival guide on your phone, offline. Can install on sd card(2.2+). Based on the U.S. Army Survival Manual FM 3-05.70
keywords: hiking backpacking biking camping hunting skiing snowmobiling running outdoors poisonous snakes insects edible plants animals find water shelter survive travel desert mountains wilderness survivor knots marine corps navy usmc air force

Reminds me of a trip we did in the Solomon Islands. Cyclone Namu devastated the area and we were setting up Comms Stations.

We dropped off 2 Marines at a remote island where they had to hike to the top of the mountain and set up a repeater station.

I was there when they opened their orders and in bold bright red it had the warning "Headhunters Still Prevail in This Area"

Pappibri

Downloading it on my phone as we speak.. thanks for the 411 on it.. We forget how easy it is to access info sometimes. And I am a Network & Security guy.... GO figure.. Thanks.