• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Trip advisor. VT?

ArtHummer

I'm planing a ski trip to go to Vermont for Christmas. The main activity will be snowboarding and most likely at the Smugglers Notch Resort. We will stay at the hotel in Burlington to catch on some night scene, bars and whatever else comes our way. So far the only thing I've planed is to visit the Burton factory, I think they have some kind of a museum.
Is any of you know this area and can advice on what to look for? I'm not planning for heavy wheeling, since most of the day we will spend on snowboarding, but the resort is closed at 4pm, so I might have a few hours to hit some snowy roads. Also, i don't have a winch and don't want to get in to far to make it hard to get out. Also, what are the interesting places to go at night in Burlington? I know that there are allot of local beer brewers and we will visit some of them. But what else we should look for?

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Used to live in B-town. Will post more at some point. Don't get your heart set on snow wheeling because there isn't any. Haha

Sent with Tapacrack

ArtHummer

Well, the only snow wheeling I'm planning on is when it will snow and plow truck will not clean the roads. I will do some snow-roading, not an off-roading.
What I'm more interested is what to do in B-town after it 6pm??? The resort closes at 4pm and i will be back in hotel around 5pm. I don't want to sit in the room for the rest of the time until we have to go sleep.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Having a winch is very helpful in snow/ice, especially if you are by yourself. Sounds like Hans can help you with some places to warm your toes after snowboading,

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Art,
You a beer guy? Club guy? Foodie? What's your interests and I'll give you my 2 cents.

Sent with Tapacrack

ArtHummer

Man. I'm open for anything... I've been in Burlington once and there are allot of bars that have their own beer. What are the breweries that i should look for?.. I've seen allot of college crowd, so i'm thinking there got to be some interesting things going on. Are there any clubs or music lounges? Live music is always great. What kind of music they play? I'm not big on rap, would not want to go there... Is there any other interesting activities after 6pm? What do people usually do, except drinking beer in the bar? Maybe some site seeing? Any interesting thing I have to stop on by to look at?
Also, B-town is right on the lake. Is there any fishing during this time. Any fishing peers or anything like that?

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Shoot me a PM when you get a chance.

No idea about an oyster bar...blech!

Sent with Tapacrack