• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

traded my H3 for a Range Rover Sport >:D

davidh3

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358016810.957063.jpg

This is the MPG I get on road.

Hunner

The dealers have an impressive demo of the air bag system on their on-sight test track. I would have thought that meant the "suspension" air bags, maybe it was? This looks about like my driveway?
Hopefully that has been improved after the LR3 system.
131_0601_whps_03_z_2005_land_rover_lr3_practice_course_rollover.jpg

be careful out there!

Last edited:

atvspeed4

I love my h3 but there are guys that seriously wheel their RRS. And guess what guys they still make range rovers...not so much with our hummers... You can order from the factory a brush guard winch bumper with winch and rear e locker. Not that it needs an e locker as the traction control works much better than ours. Oh and why do you need 35" tires when you have fully independent adjustable suspension. They have way more clearance under their diffs. And the supercharged version has over 500hp with ifs and they never have an issue desroying their front or rear diff. I can keep going.. take a look at their tierods for example massive compared to ours. And I believe they all come with some basic belly protection. Mine had a thick gas tank skid. Don't get me wrong I love my hummer but after having both I wouldn't say the RRS is a joke. Install the Goodyear mud terrains, unbolt the front valance, order with the e locker, winch bumper, snorkle and rock sliders then all you need to do is press low range and turn the dial to "rock crawl" and raise the suspension up with the height control button. Haha I found an old pic of me starting to drive up a rti ramp at a show.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358129627616.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358129627616.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 293

davidh3

I love my h3 but there are guys that seriously wheel their RRS. And guess what guys they still make range rovers...not so much with our hummers... You can order from the factory a brush guard winch bumper with winch and rear e locker. Not that it needs an e locker as the traction control works much better than ours. Oh and why do you need 35" tires when you have fully independent adjustable suspension. They have way more clearance under their diffs. And the supercharged version has over 500hp with ifs and they never have an issue desroying their front or rear diff. I can keep going.. take a look at their tierods for example massive compared to ours. And I believe they all come with some basic belly protection. Mine had a thick gas tank skid. Don't get me wrong I love my hummer but after having both I wouldn't say the RRS is a joke. Install the Goodyear mud terrains, unbolt the front valance, order with the e locker, winch bumper, snorkle and rock sliders then all you need to do is press low range and turn the dial to "rock crawl" and raise the suspension up with the height control button. Haha I found an old pic of me starting to drive up a rti ramp at a show.

:cheers: haha, I just purposely "belittled" RRS and I knew RRS is absolutely not a joke.The materials used for making RRS are very good. A brand new RRS(base) starting at $60,000 so what kind of people would say RRS is a joke?
Anyway, I love RRS, the ride is very comfortable with 4 independent air suspensions. It has everything(except for body design) I wanted when I still had H3: powerful engine; 4 independent suspensions; top quality paint/material; luxurious interior etc.
If I make enough money, I will buy a new one in the future, 201X RRS Supercharged.:wink: Nice pic btw.

Last edited:

Hunner

For my part and my point of view I was asking for input concerning the air suspension. Sounds like you are both convinced and want to defend that the vehicle is very capable. I frankly would not know first hand. So there you go, drive what you want.
One has shown his mentality and personality while it is confusing why one still drives a Hummer??

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I think production independent suspension sucks off road, never seen it preform that great. However the stuff at kin of the hammers is good but you're nothing like that.

atvspeed4

For my part and my point of view I was asking for input concerning the air suspension. Sounds like you are both convinced and want to defend that the vehicle is very capable. I frankly would not know first hand. So there you go, drive what you want.
One has shown his mentality and personality while it is confusing why one still drives a Hummer??

I never intended for my post to come off negatively. I am back in an h3 for several reasons. With my job I put 30,000 miles on my RRS in 6 months and that pushed me out of my warranty. Then the company I worked for suddenly closed and I had lost my job. With bills to pay and responsibilities at hand I made the decision to trade it in and I had found an 06 h3 5 speed for $15,000 and thus am now enjoying another h3 and the fun of building it up into something more than hummer had ever planned for! There will always be that "better" or "nicer" vehicle. I am of the opinion that what ever vehicle takes us on the adventure we choose and puts a smile on our face is the right one for us. For the price point and capability you really cant beat an h3. If you can afford it there are some nice other vehicles to choose that was my only other point. Ive owned both and loved driving both for different reasons.

davidh3

I didn't say or imply that RRS is a very capable vehicle.

I had a misunderstanding on "For my part and my point of view I was asking for input concerning the air suspension" if it's right. I honestly got offended by the picture. Since you said that, Thanks for your kindness I apologize for my misunderstanding.
I just carefully read your comments, there is no offense.

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have wheeled with a number of RR guys. Set up right there are pretty capable offroad rigs even though they struggle with some aspects of the type of offroading that we do. Mainly I have seen people wheeling the Discos. Biggest issue I see is the tremendous front and rear overhang severely hurts the approach and departure angles when approaching or dropping off of ledges. AJ brought his Disco to Moab and did remarkably well. He scraped and rubbed on some things but got through it. I also think AJ is probably a better driver than any of the other RR owners I have seen. Like most designs they are going to do well at some things and not so much on others. Most of the RR around here are driven by Newport Beach housewives and the coat and tie crowd. There are some very well put together Discos I see but not really any other model of RR. To illustrate that point I met some RR guys in Big Bear on a club run of some sort. Every truck was a Disco. I think even they would like to see owners of some other RR models hitting the trails with them and while I am sure they do, I just haven't seen it.
Enjoy the new ride, they are nice vehicles.

Last edited:

Hunner

I guess I may be too forward in some cases but I also post pictures of H3's with broken tie rods and failing steering racks. I was told that was an LR3, not an RRS. I don't compare vehicles in the negative manner, just as I see them. I wheel with a diverse group on a regular basis, among them 3 Discos and 2 Range Rovers who are all friends of mine. We all like to compare how they handle things differently and most are modded to improve what the owner thinks it needs. Just as I do with my H3. The first year I had the H3 we all were interested how it would handle things as none of us had any experience with them in 2006.
Please don't feel I was knocking what you got, as I mentioned the other models seem to have some issues with that air suspension even though it seems it would be a nifty function. I want to learn more about those as I do most vehicles.
I moonlight at my friends independent British car service and exotics as I mentioned and have been involved with some Rover projects, just not the RRS. I have not seen one in the shop but will now ask him about them. Maybe they are all still under warranty.
I had considered both of the others at one point but somehow the H3 was calling me! lol So for now I run what I "brung", with a few mods.
It's hard to convey in a few posts where I am coming from when asking about that model without knowing I am involved with the brand.
So to digress from your original post somewhat but to continue with the overall subject or Rovers,

We really went over a clients Disco with lots of mods new to us. My biggest project was taking the body off. We built a snorkle from scratch and rebuilt the engine and modded the suspension and drive train. The ultimate was going to be Portal axles so the body came off. Well much money later those are still sitting in an undisclosed location, but I know of it since I hauled them over there. Conjures up some imaginative thinking huh?
He now moved on and owns interest in an offroad buggy that is campaigned around the country and has seat time as driver.
DAH_1651-1_zpsefebee87.jpg

DAH_1591-1_zpsf176ec96.jpg

This one we call Chia Pet because he painted it green bedliner, all over.
To not offend, the hood was up because as trail guides we had just scraped out a mud obstacle with a backhoe for an upcoming event and Tim decides to nail it at speed for effect and wetted out, just Redneck fun. He will attempt anything.
_DSC3352.jpg

This guy worked at the dealership and then at my friends but has moved to Utah to a Rover specialty shop. He also has no fear!
nxcp7250_zps18fba415.jpg

One of the other Disco driver also works at the dealer so I have tried to aquire as much info as I can on these.
I have a friend that just bought a used Disco so we are going to be busy on that.
So it's all good and I look forward to any adventures you take your rig on and how you evaluate it.
I have to go now, I hope I did not leave any misunderstood chads hanging................lol

Last edited:

davidh3

It was my misunderstanding. I wasn't in a good mood at that moment so that made me think your comment was a negative one.

Last edited:

Hunner

It was all my misunderstanding, Hunner. I wasn't in a good mood at that moment so that made me think your comment was a negative one. Damn, I'm sorry for that. Even though I don't have a HUMMER vehicle any more but I want to post things on this forum because the people here are good.
:shame:

I would like to hear more from you also. I'm always looking for what I would have to get if my H3 goes away somehow, like a tornado!!