• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Towing Mirrors

08Alpha

Well-Known Member
Messages
62
Location
Central OHIO
So I see my travel trailer but nothing else:whaa:. The mirrors are terrible for towing, I have looked at the clamp on style and read a few comments but no one has used them on a H3. That I have read.
Anyone here seen or used them? recommendations before I just start throwing money away?
Thanks Cr@p wrong section
 
Last edited:

DJinCO

Well-Known Member
How long is your TT?

I tow a 27' TT with my Tahoe and have the McKesh Portable Towing Mirrors. McKesh mirrors fit into the window frame of your tow vehicle and hook to the bottom of the door. Industrial strength padding protects your vehicle's finish. McKesh portable towing mirrors attach in only a few seconds and detach with the simple push of a button. They fold for easy storage. About $165 for one pair of mirrors.

 

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
I towed a travel trailer with the 3 and don't remember having huge concerns with the mirrors. I was surprised though how well the H2 mirrors work with a trailer. My recommendation would be to get an H2.
 

08Alpha

Well-Known Member
Messages
62
Location
Central OHIO
How long is your TT?

I tow a 27' TT with my Tahoe and have the McKesh Portable Towing Mirrors. McKesh mirrors fit into the window frame of your tow vehicle and hook to the bottom of the door. Industrial strength padding protects your vehicle's finish. McKesh portable towing mirrors attach in only a few seconds and detach with the simple push of a button. They fold for easy storage. About $165 for one pair of mirrors.


Mine is 21', 7.5' wide. I'll take a look at those mirrors. Thanks
 

owlxxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
345
Location
Tehachapi, CA
So I see my travel trailer but nothing else:whaa:. The mirrors are terrible for towing, I have looked at the clamp on style and read a few comments but no one has used them on a H3. That I have read.
Anyone here seen or used them? recommendations before I just start throwing money away?
Thanks Cr@p wrong section
I have used them and they do the job fine. Not bad for a the price. I only put them on when towing. They take like 30 seconds to put on. Here is a picture with my H3 and those cheap autozone mirrors. hmr-2444.jpg
 

owlxxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
345
Location
Tehachapi, CA
Owl,

Tell me about the LightForce lights. I had the smaller version on my previous Tahoe. I really liked them. I have been looking to put a set on the H3.
They work really well for most of what I do. I go out and drive on fire roads in the sequoias and lonesome Mojave desert trails. They light up the trails extremely well and I sometimes do about 70mph on some of these trails. I have the orange, and yellow filters as well. I leave the orange ones on most of the time. I will supplement these lights with an LED bar or two just for the wide angle of light that an LED flood will provide up on the roof rack. I have nothing negative to say about the lightforce 240s but I do need more light off to the sides which is not what the 240s are for unless I point them to sides i guess. It's just that these things throw light out far so i'd rather have them pointed forward.
 
Top