• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The Scorpion - Doomsday Preppers, NatGeo/BBC & Tim Ralston

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Looks like Tim Ralston (Doomsday Preppers/NatGeo/BBC) is so impressed with the Scorpion that Dwaine/PCF and company will be meeting with them in Phoenix on Tuesday to discuss some ideas & concepts featuring the Scorpion as the Ultimate Doomsday Vehicle (UDV) and some TV & world-wide Scorpion marketing efforts. More to follow. This is going to be fun! This is cool because Dwaine considers H4O as his "home" internet forum and this may open some doors for us here.

TAPDH3T

I love this!!! When my wife gigs me about something else for my truck I tell her it's for the end of the world.. She just roles her eyes lol

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Thanks for sharing the news, Luis. That's really cool. It'll be interesting to see where it goes!
Congrats Dwaine!

Sent with Tapacrack

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Congrats to Dwaine. He has built one of the most amazing off road vehicle I have seen. I wish him all the best as he is a class act.

rallyrcr

Forgive a newb, but what is this "Scorpion" we speak of? Got any links or pics? I'm assuming this is a truck prepped for TEOTW (the end of the world).

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is an amazing Offroad vehicle that Dwainr designed and builds. It wasn't designed for TEOTW scenario I don't think but it will get you anywhere you want to go.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
The original Scorpion MKI (driven by Heath Biggs) is owned by Dwaine/Preferred Chassis Fabrication, won the Top Truck Challenge in 1998. The Scorpion was the first tube-chassis rig to compete and the first non-Jeepbased rig to take the TTC crown. Here are a few pics of what we speak (showing some of its capabilities including over 50" of travel/articulation. It does look like a Mad Max movie rig. Dwaine is the manufacturer of the Scorpion.

Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Very cool Dwaine. Hey Luis, any word on our group buy? :)
Dave, the group buy list has started - as Cotilo has given the thumbs up on me getting one. Are you in? I am getting the smaller version with truck bed in the desert tan color.

abearden

Looks like Tim Ralston (Doomsday Preppers/NatGeo/BBC) is so impressed with the Scorpion that Dwaine/PCF and company will be meeting with them in Phoenix on Tuesday to discuss some ideas & concepts featuring the Scorpion as the Ultimate Doomsday Vehicle (UDV) and some TV & world-wide Scorpion marketing efforts. More to follow. This is going to be fun! This is cool because Dwaine considers H4O as his "home" internet forum and this may open some doors for us here.
That is awesome! After seeing it work in Moab it's earned my respect big-time.

I love this!!! When my wife gigs me about something else for my truck I tell her it's for the end of the world.. She just roles her eyes lol
Lauren wants me to build my perfect end of the world truck. It means going camping more when it's done!

Sethmark

What's truly amazing is that this car is 15 years old. Rock buggy technology has evolved so much.

I did business with Sonnie Honneger and drove the original scorpion in Moab back in 02. I can attest to its functionality. I also had the privilege of driving the original Sniper, an amazing machine back in the day.

I'd be looking at Ultra 4 racers if I wanted to build the ultimate big out rig. Faster, lighter and more capable. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365967688.701103.jpg

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
Tim and Dwaine handshake resized.jpg
Tim Ralston and I at our meeting at the Gear-Up Center in Scottsdale, AZ. In attendance was Luis (Bigunit), Mykyl (Scorpion4x4) and I (PreferredChassisFab). Meeting went well and the MKI did great "roading" up the highway and back, 270 miles total round trip. Who knows the outcome could be cool!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I thought you trailered it up to Scottsdale. That makes more sense now, since Luis told me you were trying to drive it into his H3T bed at a stop light :giggle:

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
Lately the Scorpion has been more reliable than my Chevy tow rig which is still a "dead horse" in the shop. And Luis was in a KIA, yea believe it or not a KIA-so if I ran over it no biggie. Except for the insurance, ticket, legal issues and the fact he's a LAWYER....so it's best I didn't run over his KIA. Did I tell you it was a KIA he was driving not his H3T?:shame::shame::shame:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
OK, time to come clean...I traded the T in on Tuesday for a KIA because someone told me that it could be modded into the Ultimate Urban Apocalypse Vehicle (UUAV). :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

Last edited: