• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The Hummer Club Inc - Membership Drive!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Great News! H4O is participating in the Hummer Club's membership drive that begins on April 1, 2015. If you're not familiar with The Hummer Club, now's a good time to get familiar with them. Forum member Clarke can be your go-to guy with any questions about them.

THCI has been around for quite a while and is immediately familiar to just about any H1 owner; H2 and H3 owners are equally welcome in the club. THCI put on some of the best wheeling events in the country. I've only been able to participate in one so far but it's certainly one that I've been able to tell a lot of stories about - it was one of the most fun events I've done.
The April membership drive will allow you to join for $40, less than half of the normal annual rate. Beginning April 1, use this :link: to access the PDF form or the electronic sign up. Clarke can contribute here about the great value of that $40, including access to the electronic publication Azimuth.

H4O and THCI have very complementary services for Hummer owners and your participation in either or both of these groups will go a long way towards keeping Hummers relevant and enjoyable for a long, long time. I'm excited to support THCI's membership drive and I hope that many H4O members will take advantage of all that THCI has to offer Hummer owners.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been a THCI member for a long time. Just re-upped about a month ago so I missed the great deal here. Hope a lot of you get to take advantage of it.

Clarke

We are looking forward to our membership drive in April. Right now we have the following events planned - and are always looking for those willing to put on events for other club members.

May - Spring Black Mountain (KY)
August - Rausch Creek (PA) - 1 Day
September - Durango/Moab (UT) - our club's 20th reunion event
October - Windrock (TN)

Other events in planning: Pacific NW, Silverlake Dunes (Indiana), Death Valley or Berrego Springs (CA), Colorado Rockies (CO), AOAA (PA), Fall Black Mountain (KY).

Membership in the club gives access to events and the 3-4 times a year Azimuth Magazine and all back issues. The club is a Not for Profit - we don't make anything and use the membership fee to offset event costs, reimburse event coordinators for their event registration, and pay for the professional layout and formatting for Azimuth. In a bid to cut costs dramatically we no longer print out Azimuth.

We are looking for event coordinators and people willing to write for the magazine. From some of the articles published here, there are some great writers we would love to see help out other members.

you can learn more at www.thehummerclubinc.com.

Regards,

Clarke

Clarke

For those that are current members, expired members or new members, the Hummer Club Inc is having a sale on it's membership during April. It is for $40 per year and you can do two years if you want. There is a special link setup to bypass the normal registration process. Here is that link. http://www.bluehummer.com/huclme.html

It is on Blue Hummer's website since it was the path of least resistance to accomplish this.

If you are a current member or previous member please have your old membership # when you do this to help make sure you get it added to your already established membership and not start a new one. If you don't know what that number is, let me know and I will get it for you.

There is also a couple events open for registration at this time.
MOAB, Black Mountain and Rausch Creek. All the information is on the club website.
Other events will be open soon, Windrock, AOAA, Silver Lake Dunes, Borrego Springs....

I know in the past folks had issues with the fees charged to attend the events. The main hit on those fees was the insurance needed to run some of the parks which was spread out among all events. This is no longer the case. Only the park that requires it will have it added to the event fees beginning this year. So far, the only event that requires insurance is MOAB.
This change will make events a break even affair, covering just what is needed to support the event in the way of park fees, event shirt and dinners/lunches or give-aways.

Regards,

Clarke

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Hope some of y'all are taking advantage of this great opportunity to join. This is a terrific way to keep supporting the Hummer brand.

TACMEDIC

I also bought the 2 year renewal! I hope there is another Borrengo Springs Run. I had a great time with Blue Hummer riding shotgun for some great instructions.

Clarke

There is planning in the work for a Borrego Springs run this summer. The event coordinator has a minor problem in that he needs to put a new engine in his Hummer first! Keep an eye out, I'll get it on the calendar as soon as the dates firm up.

Clarke

Note that the sale On membership ends tomorrow. Back to our currently membership price of $85 on May 1st. Act now to join or renew at $40/year.

bebe

Hey Clarke,

I was a member back in 2006,7 and I think 2008.

Ron Bomhoff used to run a snow run out here in Nor Cal. Now that he has moved on, are there any owners that put together runs out here?

Thank, Bebe
(And no, I'm not volunteering :) )

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't seen or spoken to Ron in years. Dan Mick asked about him when I see Dan in Moab. Hope Ron is doing well and Bebes I think you just did volunteer. :)

bebe

I haven't seen or spoken to Ron in years. Dan Mick asked about him when I see Dan in Moab. Hope Ron is doing well and Bebes I think you just did volunteer. :)

I'll lead a group - but I don't have time for the Event Organization Part :)

Clarke

Ron was doing well when I last saw him in Moab in 2013. He and John North came out and ran with the club in John's H2. Had a great run the last day with the trail and most of the road all wiped out by severe flooding. There were times we were running along the river bottom, but the former road was 12' above us - that's how bad the flooding was...

Memorable run.

The next California run looks to be Borrego Springs. Unfortunately no one seems to want to step up to actually organize in NorCal. :-(
Do let me know if you change your mind about putting something on...