• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Thankful for extended warranty!

H3Hrly

Well-Known Member
Messages
50
Location
California
Had the cam shaft replaced last week. Would have cost $4500+!! But all I had to pay was deductible. :)

Warranty expires in jan14. Gues I should ask for a full inspection in December.

Also, learned I still have 6mm of brakes on front & back. Not bad after 82000miles.
 

Pappibri

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,611
Location
Cohoctah, MI
I too have the extended warranty. I stay on top of everything and am getting as much replaced before it is expired...
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Mine has as well!

In the past 6 months I have put through over +$9500 of work through warranty (this includes rental cars)!!!!!!!!!!

Would have sold the T long before then if it wasn't for that cover! I just hope I caught everything because mine ends in Nov :S
 

Medic_Morgan

Well-Known Member
Messages
392
Location
San Diego, CA
How do you guys go about getting this work done under warranty? I feel I should take mine in for a once over and get stuff replaced but I'm unsure how. I've seen one Hummer dealership sign still down here in San Diego... Any advise on how to approach this issue??


Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah
 

H3Hrly

Well-Known Member
Messages
50
Location
California
emetdw, don't think so (i'm ignorant on mechanics). after about 15min from cold start I would hear a clunking sound center front, with speed of clunking related to rpms. it drove just fine otherwise. still, i decided to have it looked at and the shop stated in order to determine what it is with certainty they would need to disassemble. and that it would cost at least $1900 in labor to do that. THEN the insurance inspector would need to take a look-see. in the end...all paid for by insurance so i didnt really care what the charge was :)

Medic_morgan, not sure. maybe take the vehicle in for a full-up inspection (which you may have to pay for). if anything is found to be bad, then as long as it falls under your warranty it should be covered (??).
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,673
Location
Scottsdale
Medic, there was almost always a reason that I could take my H3 in under warranty, and from there I'd ask them to look at the other things. Or, as H3Hrly said, take it in for a $100 once-over. Either way, it pays to be friendly with your service advisor so that he's more inclined to help out. Don't forget that they make money on warranty work too, so it's in their benefit to do it.
 

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
It sure pays to have a good relationship with your service advisor.
So many people frown on paying the dealer for service, or even an oil change, it always paid off in spades when I'd pay $40 for oil change and came out with new parts like the cheap A/C ducts that kept breaking, door sill trim I broke while installing a mod, replacing a plastic shift fork that hadn't broke yet but "was not going into and out of 4wd" as my service adviser put it. Plus the fact that he knew I drove the truck extremely hard made it easy to draw a clear line of what they would fix, which was generous given my tendencies, and what I needed to fix, which wasn't often much.
As my 3 came out of warranty, they did a good look over the truck one last time to make sure we had everything covered that we could identify. Same with my 2 as we moved out of Utah, they gave it a really good shakedown and ended up replacing a broken manifold bolt which involved a bit of engine disassembly and several other things so we could make sure it was tight before driving the travel trailer almost 2000 miles.
Hell, he even gave my wife a hugged and said he was going to really miss having us around! And no, I'm pretty sure she wasn't sleeping with him, wise guys
 
Last edited:

Medic_Morgan

Well-Known Member
Messages
392
Location
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the tips guys!! Anybody know of a good dealership in the San Diego area? I've got my $100 ready ;)


Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah
 
Top