• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tcc codes and remote start

kingamra

Member
Messages
16
Location
florida
Proud owner of a 07 black lux 88k miles

Check engine light came on for a day then off... i stopped and had the codes run and got
740
785
2761

Reading the www it seems this is related to voltage with the tcc... possible due to the aftermarket alarm/remote starter that was put on the vehicle before I bought it...

Questions...

Can I fix this by disconnecting the remote start of the alarm system (python system)?

I am actually hurting the tcc or tranny with this setup?

Also, the red neutral light came on once (on the 4x4 selector button panel)... that I believe is the transfer case actuator... is that related more importantly is that a diy project?

Thanks in advance!
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,670
Location
Scottsdale
Not sure why the alarm would trigger these codes. My search points to transmission issues that start with checking transmission fluid - first seeing if it is low, second seeing if it is dirty or burnt. If you haven't done a drain and refill on the transfer case it would be good to do now too as a cheap and easy maintenance item.

I've not heard of a t-case flashing Neutral without someone carefully following the steps to put it in neutral. I would run the t-case through the modes of 4H, 4H locked, 4low and see if it works properly. If it works and the fluid change doesn't show horrendous fluid, I would not worry about it until the symptom reappears.

If you think the alarm system is possibly connected, then yes, disabling that would be a good first step - at least after verifying the transmission fluid level and condition.
 

kingamra

Member
Messages
16
Location
florida
Not sure why the alarm would trigger these codes. My search points to transmission issues that start with checking transmission fluid - first seeing if it is low, second seeing if it is dirty or burnt. If you haven't done a drain and refill on the transfer case it would be good to do now too as a cheap and easy maintenance item.

I've not heard of a t-case flashing Neutral without someone carefully following the steps to put it in neutral. I would run the t-case through the modes of 4H, 4H locked, 4low and see if it works properly. If it works and the fluid change doesn't show horrendous fluid, I would not worry about it until the symptom reappears.

If you think the alarm system is possibly connected, then yes, disabling that would be a good first step - at least after verifying the transmission fluid level and condition.
I did check the transmission fluid... it was barely on the "cold" marker with engine running for a while... i added 2 quarts dex vi. . Now I'm in normal range... do I need to get the codes cleared via obd or will the go away if this is the fix?

With the neutral light... it happened only once and I cycled thru all the 4x4 modes... has not shown up again (yet?)

Why I referred to the remote start is that there are many articles on www pointing to that

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/59852-ses-light-codes-p0740-p0785-p1860/

It definitely p's me off as I just bought the damn rig from a bmw dealership... why would tranny be low?


Not sure why the alarm would trigger these codes. My search points to transmission issues that start with checking transmission fluid - first seeing if it is low, second seeing if it is dirty or burnt. If you haven't done a drain and refill on the transfer case it would be good to do now too as a cheap and easy maintenance item.

I've not heard of a t-case flashing Neutral without someone carefully following the steps to put it in neutral. I would run the t-case through the modes of 4H, 4H locked, 4low and see if it works properly. If it works and the fluid change doesn't show horrendous fluid, I would not worry about it until the symptom reappears.

If you think the alarm system is possibly connected, then yes, disabling that would be a good first step - at least after verifying the transmission fluid level and condition.
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,670
Location
Scottsdale
I could see how electric surges could confuse the PCM and the Transmission control is in the PCM, vs later years with separate controls. Weak battery, bad terminals could be part of the issue
 

kingamra

Member
Messages
16
Location
florida
I could see how electric surges could confuse the PCM and the Transmission control is in the PCM, vs later years with separate controls. Weak battery, bad terminals could be part of the issue
Will get battery checked today...

Should I start replacing things yet or wait and see it codes persistent? I.e. adding tranny fluid fixes everything...
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
I don't think the codes go away. I think you need to clear them and see if they come back. Any auto parts store should be able to clear them.
 

kingamra

Member
Messages
16
Location
florida
I cleared them... when when I use the remote start (usually when I push the wrong button on the remote) it throws the codes...

I am wondering is this really just throwing codes or is it going to cause havoc with transmission...
 

chaos254

Well-Known Member
Messages
577
Location
United States
since you just bought it, you should bring it back to the dealer and have them fix it. If its a good dealer then they should take care of it
 
Top