• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Sup. A H3 owner from Florida

davidh3

:thumbs: My goal is to install LS3 engine to my 09 H3---->Ultimate H3! Now, I want Cummins

Now, Im trying to level up my 09 H3 lux.

I want to buy Trail Duty H3 front leveling kit(-----includes Trail Duty 1.5inch Bump Stops and Bilstein front shocks.) to install 35inch tires

But the problem is that I don't know how much I should level up my H3. 1.5inch from original heigh? or?????

H3 is my first vehicle. So I have many many things to know about cars, especially H3-HUMMERs.

My H3 info :

2009 H3 Lux, Victory Red without Chrome pkg
GM Roof Racks
GM Brush Guard----Black
GM Underbody Shield
GM iPod Connector
GM Roof Mounted Lights
GM Roof Markers Right&Left only(not yet installed)
GM Floor Matts
GM Taillight Trim
GM Mud Flaps
GM body color Grille

Project to do : Leveling up H3 to install 35" tires-Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar
EATON E-Lockers Front & Rear
Rear Fox Racing Shocks-
LS3 Engine Now Cummins

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
welcome! you have come to a great site. An LS3 is a good goal. lol normally when most people do leveling its about 23.5 inches from hub to fender. some go up or down a little more or less but dont go up 24inches though. at that height it will create extra stress on the Front end components. You plan to go 4 wheeling?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Welcome to H4O! Front leveling kit - just buy the 1/2" bump stops, you don't want/need the larger ones. Your 35s will fit on their fine with little or no modification. Most people level the truck around 23.25"-23.5" from center of hub to bottom of fender.

davidh3

yes.

If I want the front and back to have the exactly same heights, I just level up 23.5 inches from hub to fender?

davidh3

welcome! you have come to a great site. An LS3 is a good goal. lol normally when most people do leveling its about 23.5 inches from hub to fender. some go up or down a little more or less but dont go up 24inches though. at that height it will create extra stress on the Front end components. You plan to go 4 wheeling?

yes.

If I want the front and back to have the exactly same heights, I just level up 23.5 inches from hub to fender ?

Ron46

Capt.
Welcome from Boca Raton! :cheers:! and yes you want to measure from the center of the hub to the fender. Let me know if you need help with your h3 and keep your eyes posted on the south section for when we get an off roading trip going!

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
yes.

If I want the front and back to have the exactly same heights, I just level up 23.5 inches from hub to fender ?

Yea, get the H3 on level ground and measure from the center of the wheel to the bottom lip of the fender and crank it till you get to about 23.5 inches. You crank the bolts about halfway down the H3 I think the size socket you need is 1 1/16 in.

davidh3

Welcome from Boca Raton! :cheers:! and yes you want to measure from the center of the hub to the fender. Let me know if you need help with your h3 and keep your eyes posted on the south section for when we get an off roading trip going!

Cheers!!! Nice to meet you ! :cheers: yup...I want my H3's height to be same as yours !

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
yes.

If I want the front and back to have the exactly same heights, I just level up 23.5 inches from hub to fender?
It won't be the exact same height but it will be better then stock. IIRC its around 24.5 in the rear hub to fender. Mine is currently at 23.5-23.75 and while its not "level" it sure beats the extreme drive angles you get with 24"+.

Last edited:

Big2dabank

Welcome to the Forum from Central Florida. If you ever want to put that bitch in the dirt and rocks let me know! We have a few good spots near me that are fun to wheel.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Here's a how-to DIY video on leveling your H3 (most people take the center caps off to measure from the center of the wheel to the bottom ofthe wheel well fender):

[video=youtube;FRIsmboMwDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIsmboMwDs[/video]