• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Squeaking

awalsh

Well-Known Member
Messages
349
Location
New Jersey
anyone know what this is or how to fix it? I know there are precious threads but it seems like it is the fan belt or something and not the water pump


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

awalsh

Well-Known Member
Messages
349
Location
New Jersey
it goes away after a few minutes running its only there when I first start it
not a big deal but just would like to fix it before it gets worse



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
I don't hear any squeaking but, that clicking sound might be the tensioner. At the very start of your video I can see it working...it seems to have a lot of movement. Tensioner pulleys often need replaced with a new belt on any car (not just the H3). They are cheap and you can get them at AutoZone, Napa, etc. They take about 5 minutes to install.
 

awalsh

Well-Known Member
Messages
349
Location
New Jersey
I don't hear any squeaking but, that clicking sound might be the tensioner. At the very start of your video I can see it working...it seems to have a lot of movement. Tensioner pulleys often need replaced with a new belt on any car (not just the H3). They are cheap and you can get them at AutoZone, Napa, etc. They take about 5 minutes to install.

it sounds like it is squeaking when i am driving it, but perfect! ill replace the tensioner asap
 
Top