• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - Cleghorn Ridge / 2N17X - November 25, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Mr. Portager, thank you for the translation - :giggle: that was good! LMAO!!

Sometimes, you just have to sacrifice yourself for the greater good. Made sure that my H4Omers who came to town got taken care of first and we never got to any of my mods last weekend - now they're going out wheeling and I'm at home playing catch-up...not complaining...that's just the kind of selfless guy that I am. I'll catch-up to you CA wheelers the next time around - and if you want to see some really big rocks, meet us in Moab in April!

Last edited:

JRWid

Still trying to schedule the week so that I can make it up there on Friday.....can't let Zach be the only H2!

Zach

Mall Crawler
Hope you can get the schedule coordinated John. We need to make it all the way through this time and would be nice having another 2 lol

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Mr. Portager, thank you for the translation! LMFAO!!

Sometimes, you just have to sacrifice yourself for the greater good. Made sure that my H4Omers who came to town got taken care of first and we never got to any of my mods last weekend - now they're going out wheeling and I'm at home playing catch-up...not complaining...that's just the kind of selfless guy that I am. I'll catch-up to you CA wheelers the next time around - and if you want to see some really big rocks, meet us in Moab in April!

Just kidding BU! Wishing you were going to make the run, but I understand. Moab, those are big rocks. Hmm.

Expendable

Wow, this looks like fun! last trail I was on was 2N17X back in like 2006.

I wish I could go, too bad I don't have a Hummer yet.

Have fun guys!

Zach

Mall Crawler
Wow, this looks like fun! last trail I was on was 2N17X back in like 2006.

I wish I could go, too bad I don't have a Hummer yet.

Have fun guys!

If you are interested in a ride along, I'm sure there will be plenty of open seats. Me being one of them

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
You are welcome to ride with me, but I'm not very close to Burbank. We could meet somewhere like San Bernardino if you like.

Expendable

You are welcome to ride with me, but I'm not very close to Burbank. We could meet somewhere like San Bernardino if you like.

Thanks for the offer! I can meet you wherever it works best for you.

There is a nice area one off-ramp north of Cleghorn where you can leave a vehicle if you can not find someone in your area to tag along.

If you need help making a decision, you can find pics of the last time I went on Cleghorn and 2N17X here: :link:

Red94Supercharged2N17X.jpg

Red94Supercharged2N17X1.jpg

Red94Supercharged2N17X2.jpg

Red94Supercharged2N17XBrokenBalljoint1.jpg

Red94Supercharged2N17XBrokenBallJoint2.jpg

these are some pics last time I was on 2N17X. this was in 2005 when my dad had a 1994 4 door hardtop with the NA Diesel that had a Whipple Supercharger kit on it. still had the factory light duty ball joints, my Dad broke the driver front upper ball joint as you can see in the pics. Ron B drove my Dad and myself home in his open top.

Expendable

OUCH! Looks like you already have some memories of the trail!

sure do have memories of this trail. it broke on a decline. one H1 backed up within inches in front of my dad's H1. an H1 behind my dad hooked up his winch line or tow strap (can't remember which one it was) to help try to stop it from moving. and all we had was a Kmart brand jack to lift up an H1. good thing we put the driver front tire under the Rocker Panel Protection because the Jack failed and the truck dropped on top of the rim/tire with somebody underneath the truck. luckily he was a tiny wiry guy, it scared the heck out of everybody, but he was ok, no injuries. a lot of lessons were learned that day.

oh and I can bring my personal Trauma bag with medical supplies if anybody thinks that would be a good idea to have in one of the trucks.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Just to remind everyone, there is a good place to top off the tank one offramp north of Cleghorn.

I will be coming over early and probably catching a bite around University Parkway just a few miles south of Cleghorn.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Thanks for the offer! I can meet you wherever it works best for you.

How about we meet up where everybody meets for breakfast?

oh and I can bring my personal Trauma bag with medical supplies if anybody thinks that would be a good idea to have in one of the trucks.

Like Lagunah1 said if you bring it we won't need it, but if you forget it we will. I have plenty of room.
Not too much around the immediate area. I am targeting IHOP just off University Drive on the 215. :link:

Since most people will be coming on the 210 or the 15, how about the IHOP on 7228 Archibald Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701-5017 (909) 941-1814 ‎:link:

Status
Not open for further replies.