• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - 2N17X - November 29th, 2013

cbetts

NERD!!!
Once again, it is time to tackle 2N17X in SoCal! Lets go wheeling while everyone else is fighting for deals at the mall.

Description: 2N17X is an challenging trail and will provide some harder challenges but still has bypasses for the more difficult areas. UCP and rock rails are not required for this trail. The trail is mostly steep hills with some off-camber sections. There will be some great opportunities for poser shots!

When: November 29, 2012

Where: Cajon, CA

Time: 10am we will be hitting the trails. We will be meeting around 9:30 to air down and a quick safety meeting. Expect a full day of trails so bring a lunch to eat while we wheel.

Meeting Spot: There is a small parking lot by the dam on Lake Silverwood just past the entry to 2N17X. :link:

Trails: 2N17X and 2N17
This is a fun and challenging trail that is fairly short, but very worth it. We will take it to the end and loop back out on 2N17. There are several off-shoots on the way back that look entertaining. :link:

Communications: CB channel 37

Weather: Temperatures have quite a range here. I recommend bringing a warm clothing in case it becomes a long night. Bring sunscreen and lots of water.

Post Trail Meal: We typically catch dinner at Claim Jumper in Rancho Cucamonga, just off the I15 on Foothill Blvd.

Confirmed Attendance:
cbetts - H3
mb30sdl - H3T/HMBP
Portager - H3T
caesarh3 - H3
JRWid - JK
[STRIKE]Poncho1965 - H3[/STRIKE]
Brandon Banks - JK
Torres Fernando - H3

Possible Attendance:
[STRIKE]Zach - H2[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]abearden - ? (Looking for two seats for ride along)[/STRIKE]
06 H3 - H3
[STRIKE]Sircode13 - H1[/STRIKE]
JonBishop - H3
[STRIKE]rascole - H3[/STRIKE]

Last edited:

abearden

Nov 28th, 2012? Black Friday is the 29th this year. 28th is Thanksgiving. If it's actually Friday the 29th and we can find a ride, Lauren and I are in.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Nov 28th, 2012? Black Friday is the 29th this year. 28th is Thanksgiving. If it's actually Friday the 29th and we can find a ride, Lauren and I are in.

Lol! Will try to make this. Can guarantee this trail has changed. We still need to look into adopting it.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Date has been corrected, you get to live another day.

BTW, I can't make this one as I'll be a few states away on that day.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Ill see what I can do...working retail makes it tough but I pulled it off last year.

I'm ready for subman hill one last time with the addition of a 4:1 and a front locker

abearden

Sorry, I will not have room this time. What happened to the Jeep you had in Moab?
You mean the one I rented in Moab? :wink: Who knows, I might actually even have the truck together in time. Oils went in today and I'm going to be spending a lot of time wrenching this next month.

Sircode13

I will try and make this, really want to go. However my Mom might want my wife and I to spend Thanksgiving with her and she moved to Moro Bay a few months back and I don't think I could handle that quick of a turnaround. I should know in couple of weeks. If I go anyone who needs a ride I could accommodate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JonBishop

Gonna see if I'm not needed at work, if I'm off that day then I'm in but still up in the air as of now, I need to get my rig dirty again!!!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I should be in. On halloween we had a ton of sick calls and they needed me to stay till 11 at night. I told them I'll help you guys, if you can help me. I dont want to be here black friday and they said I am pretty sure I got it.

Subman hill is mine this time...We havent had a 3(T) complete it yet?