• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Snow wheeling.

Woodtick

Heading north next week. My neighbor just finished this Sammi. If I puss out with the H3, I will follow him with a snowmobile .
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 1,772

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
yea, anything with tracks will kill something with no tracks.

[video=youtube;mkleAMR3IyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkleAMR3IyI[/video]

I like this video because its a direct comparison. Same vehicle, same obstacle, same conditions only difference is tracks vs no tracks.

Woodtick

I have a sled and anything over a foot,I will be on sled. Something these track MFGs fail to tell people is how hard it is to recover. One of the reasons he chose a Sammi. They are a bitch to pull in deep snow when they break down.

Panzer07

Tracks are awesome until they snap lol...never the less that's an awesome set up for that Sami and H1, love the H3 on tracks video as well.

Torres

4speedfunk

Wow. That's the cleanest Sammy I've ever seen. Around here they are total $hit-boxes. Most have been saw-zalled, with homemade lumber bumpers, and usually signs of at least one rollover.

RamRod

In high school a buddy of mine had one of those (100% stock) we just punished the thing and it just kept going! What a fun little rig!

Just found out a few weeks ago he bought it back to fix up and get running again. ...

Damn that one looks clean!

Woodtick

He brought his sleds not the Sammi. He is still working out some bugs.
attachment.php
Check out this unmolested Dodge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 765

HummeRunner

yeah, the tracks are really expensive. but hey, you can still go snow wheelin with good set of tires. :thumbs:

BeastOfaTruck

I've never had a Samurai but I've read that they are actually pretty awesome, affordable, highly modifiable offroad rigs. I'm thinking of buying a smaller rig for mudding and considering one or an XJ.

Jrgunn5150

I've never had a Samurai but I've read that they are actually pretty awesome, affordable, highly modifiable offroad rigs. I'm thinking of buying a smaller rig for mudding and considering one or an XJ.

Samurai's are pretty awesome because they are so itty bitty. They have like an 80" wheelbase, so the fit anywhere and 33's give you huge breakover angles. I'm 6'5, so I can't have one lol, but I'd rather have one than an XJ

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
They are great for there small size but have big downfalls as well. Go to Moab with an 80 in wheelbase and the law of physics will make you hate a Samurai...but with that said sometimes there size let's them be amazing. All give and take depending on the environment

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wheeled with some Samis a few times. Fun little vehicles. We had one flop over on its side and a couple of us just flipped it back up on its rubber. No problem. :)

RamRod

A buddy of mine had one in high school and we used to bomb around on it and just had a blast!
..... four guys could spin it 90° in its parking stall during class and when he would come out and couldn't leave until both cats on either side pulled out of their stalls