• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Shock travel question

amrg

Thanks, I knew 4" was not correct. Funny than the H3 has the same travel as my ZR2. BUT most of the parts are similar. The ZR2 CV axle is only 3/8" longer then a AC Delco H3 replacement. The tie rods are the same length too. Sucks the ZR2 has a larger taper on the outside tie rod. If they had the same taper I was going to put H3 tie rods on My ZR2. Sucks GM went back to 14 mm on the ZR2.
Is the zr2 half shaft bigger than the H3s? Would it be an improvement? Im asking since they are 20% cheaper than the H3 ones on rockauto.com

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jakesz28

Is the zr2 half shaft bigger than the H3s? Would it be an improvement? Im asking since they are 20% cheaper than the H3 ones on rockauto.com

Yes, the AC Delco half shafts or CV axles will be stronger. The AC Delco replacement H3 axles measure 1.125 inches. The ZR2 axles measure 1.200 inches. So 0.075 inches, not a lot but some increase. Also the inboard CV outside diameter is 4" compared the the H3 being 3.75". So the CV itself will be larger. I think there is enough clearance for it. This is going off memory, I posted the measurements in the RCV thread.

Not sure if the 3/8 inch longer in length will have any effect.

amrg

Well the lower price makes it seem like a good and cheap upgrade. Anyone tried it?

amrg

Yes that guy, unfortunately commenting is turned off so no followup info regarding it. At $3500 id just dive into a SA swap

650Hawk

Not to get this thread actually back on track or anything, but....:)

Wooohoooo!:)

IMG_20210326_154244790.jpg

IMG_20210326_154306400.jpg