• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Sedona Arizona Trail(s) Question...

German300

I will be driving out to Sedona from Chicago in July. I've found out about two trails while online; Broken Arrow and Soldier Pass. About a month ago I bought a 2008 Hummer H3 and it's the base model w/auto trans. I just put 285/75R16 BFG All Terrains on it but otherwise have NOT modified.

As it sits will my H3 be able to handle the trails above and/or any other suggestions someone may have for the area? Can't get too crazy because this is also my daily driver and way to get back to Chicago.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Your truck will easily handle both of those trails with no other modifications. Be sure to buy a Red Rocks Pass from one of the Ranger stations - it's only $5 I think for the day. If you want Hummer company that day let us know and we can show you those trails. There's one more trail we do, Oak Creek Homestead, whose main feature is one good hill near the end where there's a rope swing for the creek below.

German300

Thanks alrock, I am a newbie at this and may take you up on your offer; having someone with experience around could be a big relief!

Thanks again. Will be in Sedona July 10 - 12

Ed

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sedona is a beautiful place. You will really enjoy it. Too far for me for a short trip but probably get some company from some AZ members if you want it.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Yes, you should take those off. There are a few steps that might eat those. Not so tough of a trail that you need rocker protection or UCP but the nerfs would not be happy.

Saw your dates-midweek might be tough to get up there :(

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

H32NV

I live in flag(~20mi from Sedona) and can help guide you around Sedona. Broken Arrow is a good family run, bring a good camera!

spongebobnopants

That's okay, appreciate the thought anyway. Monday I'll be nosin' around Moab.

If your up for it try "top of the world" just outside of Moab. I overheated 1/2 way up and never got the photo of my rig on the edge. :(.

I drove out from Chicago last year. Hit Garden of the Gods in Co. Tons of stuff along the way. How much time do you have?
Find a local to go with if you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD