• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rough country lift kit

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
The 5" Rough Country lift was never put into production unless you are referring to the kit they sell that has torsion bolt spacers, shock spacers, and extended rear shackles?

Sent using Tapatalk

Ed's06h3

The 5" Rough Country lift was never put into production unless you are referring to the kit they sell that has torsion bolt spacers, shock spacers, and extended rear shackles?

Sent using Tapatalk

Yes 08Solar I'm referring to the kit (bolt spacers, shock spacers, & shackles)

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
****...........I've always gotten those two company names mixed up.

Think I still have some pics floating around of that yellow H3 test mule for the kit that never went into production.

autumn walker

Cannot speak to the H3 kit; however, the Rough Country stuff tends to be lower quality (you get what you pay for). A bunch of the local Jeep guys are using the Rough Country gear and it is falling apart. Shocks blow out quickly and parts tend to break.

Again, not specific to their H3 kit, but the other stuff I have seen here has not been great. I won't buy from them.

Hunner

There was a Rough Country Suspension Systems out of Dyersberg Tenn cause I talked with them. Never distributed them.
This is a bit of camera trickery as the yellow one is closer in the foreground and the overall H3 body looks bigger but the lift is for real!
pictures0489po.jpg

There was also a Tuff Country lift. A guy in Las Vegas that I met online and wheeled the Mojave and Death Valley with had one. Which I believe is the same as Hans has on his H3T.
IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Some of you may recall my comparison of mine with torsions at 23 1/2", a Rancho and a Tuff Country that is out in the cloud somewhere now. See I used the same perspective so mine did not look smaller lol
DAH_8879sp.jpg

Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Yes 08Solar I'm referring to the kit (bolt spacers, shock spacers, & shackles)
The kit really isn't needed. The height adjustment in the front can easily be achieved with a simple torsion bar crank. The only thing the kit had that can't be achieved with a torsion bar crank is extended rear shackles which if you still want can be purchased separately through Samco Fab, Warrior Products, and several other companies. The shock spacers you can also purchase or make, I know Hunner just used a simple nut to drop the shock back into the same position when he was using the factory shocks.

Sent using Tapatalk