• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rear-Mounted Hi-Lift Jack

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
My brushguard has protected my hood many times over, so I don't regret getting it.

I keep 10 gallons of gas in my rig for emergencies since I know that gas stations are one of the first places emptied when the weather gets bad or something goes wrong.

I'm not going to get a roof-top tent. I'll go with an expedition trailer instead. We have mountain lions, panthers, bobcats, snakes and other nasties where I'm from.

There will be awnings on the trailer and one on my rig for camping trips, which I plan to do a lot of when I retire in two years. In a downpour, the awnings will be very handy for cooking, moving around, talking on my HAM, etc. when the rain lasts for a while, which it does sometimes.

All of us are from different locations and have different intentions. To each his own. :thumbs:

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Lol thanks for posting up big unit. I was gonna play devils advocate and post up about how useful those things are in so cal. My brushguard with winch mount is lighter then most bumpers too and I have already lost a grille. Cracked it on one end and is now on the wall of fame. I wheel in spots that jeeps have tight fits so for me it's even worse.

I see both sides of this discussion but one side that I will always stick to is weight in the rear. Look at any pic of an h3 climbing. I will post some when I get home.

jakesz28

Just drove off the scales a little bit ago. 5880lbs. This is with out spare parts or recovery gear. I did have myself, my wife and 2baby kids with.

I love my awning. I wheel in the same basic areas in the Midwest as 4SPEED. But go to the dradstrip and there are no shady spots in the pits. The awning is nice to have a chair under.

4speedfunk

This topic is worthy of its own thread. I consider myself a lightweight...even in "fully-stocked" expedition mode. I'm gonna go weigh mine next week and see where I'm at.

Ucecic

Probationary Member
I sorry for bump an old topic I just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.
If you look and compare the working bits of a farm jack with the HI lift, you can see the quality. All Hi Lift moving parts are servicable. The Farm jack has been known to bend under heavy pressure,The Hi lift has an assortment of accessories that can be used with it.The use of the jack is pretty simple and uncomplicated if you follow the guide lines.Never stand in front of the handle. Do all your work from the sides.Put a brick or something behind the wheel in case of moving backward.Its a good idea to have Hi-lift jack points forward and rear of the vehicle.Your vehicle will shift to the side if you lift a vehicle that is standing at an angle. You have to compensatefor this. I have used this jack to lift my vehicle out of a hole, put a rock in the hole and drive out.You look after your jack, it will look after you. I have used mine for compressing a door, you can also get a winch adaptor Kit and a wheel kit.I had rockslider lifterssome https://mechanicguides.com/best-farm-jacks/ time ago of but disappeared. I am looking again, might have to import.See pic below. I found this on the net. This is what works well , provided your slider doesnt bend.
dscn54991pg7.jpg
dscn55001zq6.jpg