• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rear bump stops needed with a Rancho 4" Lift???

lfootmatt

I don't think I have any back there. Are they used and/or necessary?

Getting front, figured I'd do the rear at the same time if needed.

Thanks,

Matt

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I left mine in there - actually, I replaced them since they were old and tired (like me). They certainly aren't going to hurt and they could help

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I should add that I have a spring over and not Rancho shocks. Also, Reloader built perches so that the bump stops would be part of the suspension travel as GM designed. There are witness marks on the perches from the bump stops.

i-FMJc3PL-L.jpg

EndeavoredH3

I should add that I have a spring over and not Rancho shocks. Also, Reloader built perches so that the bump stops would be part of the suspension travel as GM designed. There are witness marks on the perches from the bump stops.

i-FMJc3PL-L.jpg
Did reloader add a spacer to be able to use those shocks?

lfootmatt

Thanks guys, the rear is pretty harsh over pretty innocuous bumps in the road. I’m thinking it’s the lack of bump stops and worn out leaf springs. Sits pretty low in the rear for what looks like no good reason.

Thanks!

Exodus

Thanks guys, the rear is pretty harsh over pretty innocuous bumps in the road. I’m thinking it’s the lack of bump stops and worn out leaf springs. Sits pretty low in the rear for what looks like no good reason.

Thanks!
Ya might have a broken leaf spring in there,,not unheard of

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I had the rear springs re-arched at Valley Spring Service on Jefferson St. in Phoenix. They've held up really well.

lfootmatt

That’s where I got the lower/center front diff bushing. Good to know they also do good work!

Thanks!

aspen

H3 have their rear leaf's under did you change them to over the axel and was hard to do and how is the ride .
i am thinking about doing it but how can you match the front up that high .

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The ride is the same whether spring over or under. The front was lifted with a Rancho lift kit. Unless you have a Rancho, do a custom lift or do a SAS, it doesn't make sense to do a spring over in the back.

aspen

yea well their are no lift kits for the hummer so its fab your own or sell and get a 73 square body .
trying to stay with the hummer its paid off . but buying front keys for nothing piss me off.