• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Craigslist Predator Duramax H1 Built Allison Long Travel '93 HMCS

2010H3TAlpha

I've been looking for a late '90's HMCS and came across this one yesterday. Downside is no AC, old HVAC, and about $40k over my budget. But definitely one of the best builds on paper that I've seen. Anyone know this truck?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5944448608.html

http://www.hummermarketplace.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5109

CrazH1.JPG

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
The owner added the "long travel" I don't understand how it's long travel with stock control arms.

The hubs need to be rebuilt. My buddy told him the hubs were leaking...he said don't touch em. He didn't and one seized up. He posted online how it was the power of the duramax. That's BS. Gear driven portals are stupid stout but driving them till they leak empty it will seize up.

He removed the winch for more cooling, he had no problems overheating. [emoji85]

The owner installed a radiator on the roof. My buddy advised against it especially because it was having zero overheating issues. He put it in, can't bleed the system right and now has overheating issues. Air is in the system. He's gotta tap the cap with a fitting and use a machine to bleed it...

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Predator did the swap

My buddy did a complete rebuild, replaced every bolt, it was a NJ truck with rust, he spent hours sanding down rust, powder coating, repainting, he also did all cooling mods minus the roof radiator. He did some suspension mods for him.

The owner did the roof radiator and the "long travel"

2010H3TAlpha

Yikes, good to know it's a bit of a hack job. I wonder how he's getting 13" of suspension travel with stock a-arms? So he put the radiator on the roof to make room for the winch?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Nope he deleted the winch. Added coolers where the winch was and on the roof. The suspension travel is BS. At one point it has too much lift and was binding the CV. It would be impossible to add more travel.

My buddy does good work. A lot of custom stuff, 700-800 horsepower old school American muscle cars, 4x4s, drift cars, etc.

He built this to the guys specs even though he advised against it.

I can't even call it a hack, just undo a lot of unnecessary things

Last edited: