• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Possible Diesel Conversion Donor

08H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,368
Location
United States
Diesel swaps fascinate me. I'll likely never have the skills to pursue one, but I thought I would throw this out for those with more skills. I saw an Isuzu i350 on a dealer lot in the area. I had never heard of it before but it clearly was a Colorado / Canyon clone. I did some Googling just out of curiosity and overseas, they were available with several diesel engine options. Since the H3 is based on the Colorado, theoretically, there may be a factory, drop in way of converting to diesel. Whether that's truly the case, I have no idea, but it is an interesting path that I have never seen brought up before.

Here's a link to some info. Lot more if you Google. --> http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/2006/isuzu/roadtest/page1.html
 
Last edited:

Ryan212

Well-Known Member
Messages
144
Location
Orlando
Diesel powered H3 sounds like fun to me.

(I also like Diesel swaps)

getting one of those engines to the US may be difficult and sourcing the rest of the parts that did not come with the engine. Basically, best case would be to buy the full donor truck powertrain and wiring harnesses. Defeating VATS on an oddball engine may be hard as well.

Ryan
 

SuperBuickGuy

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,403
Location
Woodinville, WA
I've considered this until I considered this.... 90 hp 130 lb torque. in other countries they don't lug around a/c, air bags, or most smog stuff..... that motor, though, is available here.... 4BT6G or something like that is its name. Smog is the issue, it'd be simpler to get the (allegedly going to happen) crate 5.0 cummins motor they're putting in the titans... or wait until a new Colorado twin diesel gets totalled and swap that in.
 
Top