• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Pacific Northwest H4O overdue get together Sat&Sun AUG 2nd and 3rd 2014

Hills

Okay, I will keep the count going. Who has been there before? Can anyone provide me with gps coordinates, or a google maps view of your preferred spots? I can check those first when I get up.

SuperBuickGuy

I've been there before, might even have GPS tracks (need to download them). I'm also headed there again this Sunday to give my motorcycle another chance to kill me.

RamRod

I'll be bringing mine as well... but it's on a T

Where are we meeting up? haha I have never been to the sate in my life... so the more detail the better!

RamRod

when are you arriving?

Well that's a bit of a loaded question :D
We will be getting down to Coos Bay, Oregon on the 22nd of July, then after a two-three days we are going to dip down into the Red Woods in Nor-Cal and then head back up along the Oregon coast at our own pace haha

So to summarize... when we want! but I figure we will shoot for the 1st or 2nd and just take our time getting there.

SuperBuickGuy

I'm planning on heading over the morning of the 2nd. I have to go to Washington State University for my pooch and will be back no later than the morning of the 1st. You're welcome to stay at our place when you arrive then we can travel over together (we live about 5 miles from the NE corner of Lake Washington. Bonus of all that, we have a guest bedroom and shower available...

RamRod

I'm planning on heading over the morning of the 2nd. I have to go to Washington State University for my pooch and will be back no later than the morning of the 1st. You're welcome to stay at our place when you arrive then we can travel over together (we live about 5 miles from the NE corner of Lake Washington. Bonus of all that, we have a guest bedroom and shower available...

I'll run that generous offer by the GF, if it works out timing wise I'll get in touch with you to make a plan :) thanks!

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

Hills

If anyone coming from Oregon or further south wants to drive up together. I will be leaving Thursday night or Friday morning. Once I arrive I will scout spots and try to pick the best spot to fit all of our rigs. I am not sure about cell reception there, so once we get a spot nailed down. I will drive until I get service and send out directions.

SuperBuickGuy

If anyone coming from Oregon or further south wants to drive up together. I will be leaving Thursday night or Friday morning. Once I arrive I will scout spots and try to pick the best spot to fit all of our rigs. I am not sure about cell reception there, so once we get a spot nailed down. I will drive until I get service and send out directions.

I've been over most of the general area - cell phones work fine (keep in mind that it's on top of a hill above Bremerton, so there is a line-of-sight to there).
The major wheeling area is marked, and it opens into a meadow/clear cut.... don't forget to get your Discovery pass, either online, or in town before you get out there.

One last bit of warning, there will, most likely be a burn ban and that area does have the occasional forest fire - so be sure to check the DNR's website for closure information. I'll do my best to keep abreast of the conditions - but in case I miss, the information I'll send out comes from DNR (Washington Department of Natural Resources).

rallyrcr

Hi, just checking in. Has the list on the first page been updated? It seems like more than 8 people were going. I was just curious as to who was showing up since we're only two weeks out.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Yeah, I just went over the thread again and as far as it stands now that list is correct. Not gonna lie, I had hoped that given this much heads up and what a rarity this kind of get together much less any kind of get together is for us PNW guys that the turnout might be stronger.

that being said, 8 rigs is a nice size group for wheelin trails and I'm looking forward to seeing and meeting you guys. I think it'll be a great weekend! :)

Last edited:

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Went through and updated list, also added CB and FRS channels for comms. We probably oughtta do some PM'ing to share cell #'s. Now we just need to nail down an area to camp to set up directions in for folks.

taylorblake831

yea ill most likely be heading out there with you guys ,the name is Blake for your roster and i probably bring a couple of buddies to tag along with me. how many days do you plan for this trip being? just sat sun? i have to be at work at 10pm on sunday so i gotta head out at a decent time(i live about 3 hrs away)

Hills

I will be there from Friday until Sunday, or Monday.

My name is Josh. I will be dragging my m416 trailer up there, even though I am not hauling that much gear.

ry6y8use.jpg

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Alright gentlemen, this is crawling up on us, how do we want to set this up so that folks can find each other? Specific campsite location? Location meetup elsewhere? Some of us are coming earlier, some later. I will either be there fri night or sat morning and will leave Sunday midday.

Also, anybody on the maybe or non responsive list in post 1 change their mind? Can ya make it? And folks on the coming list, confirm? :)

SuperBuickGuy

There is good cell phone coverage there - there is a main "camping" place where the motor cycles are unloaded; but they allow camping pretty much anywhere - and the camp itself gets pretty dusty.... my suggestion is we have a general meet up area and time (say Sat. am), and share cell phone numbers or designate one person who's arriving early as the coordinator who can tell the later arrivals where they are. I can't, I should be home late Thursday night, but the problem is I may not be due to complications.... if that happens, I'll be leaving Friday morning from WSU... then have to go home, and load and go another 1 1/2 hours west... which is a long-winded way of saying it's not going to happen.

I'd suggest we camp in the "main" clearing off the 4x4 trail. The trail is marked and is ~4-5 miles from the turn off the bay. Follow that trail to the clearing.
Take Belfair-Tahuya road to Elfendahl Road - go north 4-5 miles, and the trail will be marked and on the west side of the road. Take that road (4 wd is required) about 1/2 mile to the clearing. Mind you, all distances are approximate.

a map - I'm suggesting camping somewhere on the clearings that are next to the road.

http://lastgreatroadtrip.com/myFiles/Tahuya.pdf

Or, post up your GPS coordinates when you get to the site.