• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Off roading TV shows

Ed's06h3

There's extreme 4x4 on spike tv. (Saturdays & Sunday's at 9am) but most of the 4x4's they build are jeeps. I've never seen a hummer on that show.

RamRod

those are the only two I know.... then there are a few channels on YouTube that have some decent episodes.. cant remember names right now, but there is a prerunner one and a jeep one lol

BW_Hummer H3

"One Car To Far" was great! And even starred someone on this forum, but I do not know if they are making another season.

MessiaH2

There's extreme 4x4 on spike tv. (Saturdays & Sunday's at 9am) but most of the 4x4's they build are jeeps. I've never seen a hummer on that show.

I watch this sometimes and they go out and see stuff in action.... MAYBE they need an email sent to entice them to do a HUMMER and invite them to an outing or something.. Food for thought

SuperBuickGuy

I watch this sometimes and they go out and see stuff in action.... MAYBE they need an email sent to entice them to do a HUMMER and invite them to an outing or something.. Food for thought

they only do Jeeps. When they started, they did a nice mix of different vehicles, but now I can guarantee 2 things: 1) he will say "it's 100% custom" at least 5 times in a show (did he really do the math on that?); and 2) they will be doing a jeep.... and Jeep only makes up 4% of the off-road vehicle sales in the US - ah well, I used to record it... now, I don't bother.

Last edited:
I guess this is the best place to post this... Alaska Off Road Warriors begins November 30th... Not sure which channel, I thinks it's on the History channel.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed

They did a Suburban - based Gorilla once...which was an H1 clone.

Posted via Integrated Brain Wave Chip

Hummerboy

Just saw a commercial for a new show that's going to be on history channel called Alaska off-road warriors

SkidRow

Project Titan starts on Veterans day on H2 at 10pm central. It's about two Vets traveling through Alaska.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
When I was at GM. Marketing had an independent company do a survey of all off-road type vehicles. Along with that survey, the took info from other manufacturers to see the percentage of their vehicles that were actually off-roaded. One thing they did conclude was the meaning of off-roading a vehicle was different from one person to another. Some considered off-roading the vehicle going to a desolate area to camp, some considered mudding off-road and some considered rock crawling as off-roading.

What they found out was only 15 percent of off-road classified vehicles go off-road.
For Jeeps it was in the 60 percent range with Rubicons leading the pack. (And for rock crawling and living in Moab and visiting Ouray a few times, it can easily be said the the greater majority of vehicles are Jeeps.)
Land Rovers were about 7 percent.
With Hummers H2/H3 it was about 5 percent (but that was back in 2008, probably a bit higher now...maybe, and not sure why H1s were never considered in the surveys)

These stats come close to other stats done by other firms. MSN did one a few years ago along with others.

And I think anyone who has been in Ouray or Moab a few times will confirm that Jeeps are the number one vehicle for off-roading in those areas. Not necessarily because they are any better, but because there are so many used ones available, and parts....damn they almost sell parts on the corners, and you can always find a few laying around on the trails.

The big thing now for off-roading is not street vehicles. Just talk to those who have lived in Ouray or Moab for many years, and the off-road usage is being overtaken by ATVs/UTVs. Consider that years ago, engineer pass in CO used to have a few ATVs running the trail; whereas now, by early AM on a nice day, the parking area at Engineer is full of pickup trucks and toy hauler trailers and the trail is full of ATVs. (This comes from someone who has monitored those trails now for 15 years in July.) During weekends, Kane Creek in Moab, during the warmer months is loaded with ATVs/UTVs to the point that they block Hurrah Pass at times.

High Five H2

i started watching dirt every day last week and it was so good I watched all of them within a few days. I have a lot of down time at work and I listen to podcasts or watch shows while I'm working on easier stuff. that show is pretty good though. all off roading stuff, no talking about "pimping" or worrying about paint jobs. I love it. That guy's dodge M37 was awesome, too. I want one now.