• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

eBay OEM Roof Marker Lights - $350!!!!

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
I just want to put my view on this out there. If you are searching the net and come across an item or items that you can buy and make a few bucks on I'm all for it. Hell thats what capitalism is all about! On the other hand when someone finds a great deal that they could've kept to themselves and made a huge profit on but decides to pass the deal on to forum members, its not in good taste IMO to buy them ALL and sell them to non forum members for 2 or 3x's the original price. Not to mention coming up with fake names and accounts, thats a whole 'nother story. Someone on here who barely even knows me sold me a spare set at cost, knowing they could've gouged the price. Thats a great thing, and what H4O should be all about! Thank you BTW... I hope to be able to return the favor, it feels good to help out friends....better than a couple bucks profit IMHO... Solid we are hunting for a set for you bro, you deserve it and we will find you one, even if I have to give you mine. Rant over...sorry people, please return to your cheerios they are getting soggy.

Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I just want to put my view on this out there. If you are searching the net and come across an item or items that you can buy and make a few bucks on I'm all for it. Hell thats what capitalism is all about! On the other hand when someone finds a great deal that they could've kept to themselves and made a huge profit on but decides to pass the deal on to forum members, its not in good taste IMO to buy them ALL and sell them to non forum members for 2 or 3x's the original price. Not to mention coming up with fake names and accounts, thats a whole 'nother story. Someone on here who barely even knows me sold me a spare set at cost, knowing they could've gouged the price. Thats a great thing, and what H4O should be all about! Thank you BTW... I hope to be able to return the favor, it feels good to help out friends....better than a couple bucks profit IMHO... Solid we are hunting for a set for you bro, you deserve it and we will find you one, even if I have to give you mine. Rant over...sorry people, please return to your cheerios they are getting soggy.
Thanks Rich, couldn't have said it better myself. You said what I been wanting to say for days. I kept quiet on the subject and if you know me, I’m not one to talk crap or start any kind of drama but this has me so upset that I feel I need to post on the matter.

When my friend Amanda contacted me about the lights, we each grabbed two sets. Then I posted a link for 7 sets that were avaliable, hoping a bunch of out members would be able to jump on the deal. My intentions were to keep one set as a spare and sell the other set to Jared (Nacho) because he is a good friend and I know he had been looking for a long time and I knew they would likely go fast. I planned on keeping the other set for myself to save for the future but after what happened, I didn’t feel right keeping them because so many great members missed out. So I texted Luis (Bigunit) to see if he got a set and he called me and said he did but he mentioned he had a friend Rich (supersapper-rpm) who missed out and was kinda bummed. So I gave up my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] set (at cost), to someone I barely knew because that is what this site is all about, helping others. I was so excited when I posted this thread because I knew there were so many people looking for them and it was such a great price. I even PM’ed the link to this thread to 5 or 6 members who I knew had been looking for them, hoping they would be able to find it faster. I never would have guessed that a member who I thought was loyal to this site would have bought up ever set but one that Luis was able to get. Like Rich said, I could have bought ever set and not told anyone and no one would have been a wiser but I didn’t because I knew there was so many great members who could have benefited from this. It just seemed rude and selfish for someone to buy the remaining 6 sets and not let anyone else have a chance at them, when that was the whole point of the thread. If he wanted to grab one for himself and maybe one or two more to sell, fine but six sets? Just seems in bad taste to take advantage of me and the others who really wanted a set. Then there was the whole post covering his ass saying he bought "one" and then the fake user name on HF and the changed user name on eBay, you could clearly tell this member was trying to cover his ass but I don’t want to get into that. I am extremely disappointed.

Rich, I’m glad you got the other set…..it couldn’t have gone to a better person and I’m happy I could help you out.

Solid I really wish I had bought another set or two, so I could have helped you out. I run across them ever once and a while, you will be the first person to know if I find another set.

/rant

Zach

Mall Crawler
I agree with the two of you on this. If you find something on your own, it's fair game. But when someone on the forum posts it up. It should be forum members looking for it buying them. The key reason I did not buy them. When I saw the auction, the majority where left. I should have bought them and offered them to forum members. But, funds were a little low for it.

The only reason I posted up about me not buying them and creating possibly some drama. Is that one of the buyers has as user id that some would think would have been me.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I owe Corey a big debt of gratitude for 2 things: 1) posting the link in the first place when he really didn't have to, that allowed me to get a set as he knew that I had been looking for the lights for quite a while for the H3 CE - and I was lucky enough to see his post and buy 1 ASAP; and 2) for him giving up his newly-acquired 2 sets to Nacho & Supersapper-rpm at cost.

I called Corey & thanked him after the fact for these 2 things and I told him that I'd take care of him for taking caring of our forum members with a couple of items that he's been looking for - at no charge to him. That's what this forum is/should be all about - to help each other out.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Folks, let's not jump the gun here & start crucifying anyone over this - this will, like all things in life, work itself out in apositive way & we will all move on with our lives and our mods!

Solidjj will get his lights - I can & will guarantee that! But we are not here to judge & I personally, will not let it get to that point where someone wants to take someone's head off over something like this.

I see both sides of the coin here & it is, what it is - and if someone did this to make some much needed cash to pay some bills, so be it - this is America after all & the last time I checked, it wasn't a crime to have an entrepreneurial spirit - hell, I wish that the 50% of the US population currently on government entitlements thought like this! :) I'm sure that this person will end up doing postive things in the end - so please, let's stop the bashing!

Last edited:

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Yeah, I agree Big. Dont want to make it more than it is. I'm certain whoever got them wasnt thinking every one would get so pissed... and they are just decorative lights for a truck, lol. No need to round up the posse. :fire:peace:

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
My questions are:

Is this the same capitolistic pig :) that was was selling the other sets?

Is/Are those bids legit or is it just someone jacking up the price?

Any way to tell?

My eBay skills are weak, hence the questions.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supposedly ebay can detect when someone is bidding up their own products but I don't really know. I quit buying much off of eBay long ago.

is350

i don't know there r different people that are doing the bidding, but it could just be someone signing in to different accounts. if it is real, good for them, there spreading the wealth around :)