• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

NOW AVAILABLE: The H3/H3T Scorpworks Bushing Front Diff Crossmember

hodges81

can somebody please explain the difference between the newer manufactured front crossmember and the original front crossmember... Is one stronger than the other and if so please explain the pricing cause its not making any sense... I'm a dedicated buyer... Thanks in advanced!!!

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
can somebody please explain the difference between the newer manufactured front crossmember and the original front crossmember... Is one stronger than the other and if so please explain the pricing cause its not making any sense... I'm a dedicated buyer... Thanks in advanced!!!

There are several differences between the original rectangular shaped version "A" crossmember and the second generation triangular shaped version "B" crossmembers, although they are forward and backward interchangeable. The version "A" is a heavier fabricated rectangular tube design that has mounting for the UCP but has a tendancy to have cracking due to inconsistent welding procedures during construction. The version "B" is a lighter fabricated traiangular tube design that does not have UCP mounting provisions and as of this date we have seen no cracking in the "B" design which is due to the robotic welding process used during its construction.
PCF cleans and inspects all crossmembers used for the ScorpWorks H3/H3T crossmember exchange. We repair and strengthen the "A" versions, add UCP mounting tab and repair skid mounting holes on the "B" versions. All are provided with new grade 8 hardware and heavier lower bushing washer.

Hope this answers questions!

Psykotiq629

Probationary Member
After much web surfing and looking into fixes for my H3 this seems to have the absolute best reviews and praises. I just ordered mine and really can't wait to get it. This may have been my biggest reason for joining the forum but after reading a bunch of threads I gotta say this place is full of a ton of good info and seemingly helpful people. I'm telling every H3 pal I have about this place and this fix!!!!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
After much web surfing and looking into fixes for my H3 this seems to have the absolute best reviews and praises. I just ordered mine and really can't wait to get it. This may have been my biggest reason for joining the forum but after reading a bunch of threads I gotta say this place is full of a ton of good info and seemingly helpful people. I'm telling every H3 pal I have about this place and this fix!!!!

Excellent! And welcome to H4O

Psykotiq629

Probationary Member
Wow what a difference! So I got the new x-member right before going away on vacation and it was bugging me the whole time I was gone because I didn't have time to install it before I left. I got home and jumped right on it this morning and man oh man is it just a beautiful piece of work! It's a great improvement over the oem junk, maybe GM should call him for some advice!

RamRod

Bringing an old thread back to life:

Will this kit work on a Rancho lifted rig? I hear some popping and movement and I believe it is the bushing... I can even feel it in the gas pedal some time... perhaps that's just my mind playing tricks

frogsncheese

Are they still available?

my names Josh and from Australia. have had a 2008 H3 base model for just over 2 years now and love the thing to death. has taken me everywhere.
ive just clocked up 70k and have noticed on my last trip a few knocks coming from under the drivers feet......

started looking on the forum for possible causes and after looking under my H3 found that is must be the Cross member busing as the bolt underneath the cross member is completely exposed and this didn't seem right to me.

Are these upgraded cross members still available? can i get one shipped to Australia?
have read that the upgraded ones as pictured seem to be significantly stronger and more robust. have read that the OEM units are just going to fail again so thought it would be a good opportunity to upgrade.
any help or recommendations i would greatly appreciate. i dont want to replcace the whole cross member with an OEM one id rather put something stronger in.

i run a old man emu 2" suspension lift
ARB roof rack
ARB steel winch bullbar
ARB lockers front and rear
Xray 90w HID driving lights
Rigid industries 20" E2 combo light bar ( just got it and it is amazing)
Rigid Industries 20" SR bar
UHF
Cooper offroad 31" tyres on black steel rims
KN air filter
Safari snorkel

The H3 front diff. crossmember with the Scorpworks bushing (with a lifetime replacement guarantee/warranty*) is now available for purchase. For now, this is an H4O exclusive product available only on the forum. Here are the details:

What's Included With the Scorpworks Crossmember Bushing?

The prices below includes:

1) your selected style of H3 cross-member with all new pre-installed/pressed Scorpworks H3 bushings;
2) Grade 8 hardware (1/2" front diff carrier bolt, washers & lock washer) needed to install your front diff onto your cross-member; and
(Shipping charges for your replacement Scorpworks cross-member and your core cross-member are not included in price below. Please PM Preferred Chassis Fabrication for actual amount for shipping costs - there is no mark-up on shipping charges!)
To return your core/old cross-member to Scorpworks, you will receive a return, pre-paid shipping label with the shipment of your Scorpworks cross-member so that all you have to do is slap the pre-paid shipping label on the same box that you received your Scorpworks cross-member and place your core in the box & ship it back to us.

IN ADDITION: All "new style" Scorpworks H3 bushing cross-members come with a perfectly-aligned UCP tab already welded on with a pre-drilled OEM UCP bolt hole - so you will NOT need to worry about modifying your UCP or cross-member in order to re-mount your UCP. A new, dealer bought OEM "new style" crossmember does not come with the UCP tab already welded on.

(
SCORPWORKS H3 BUSHING/CROSS-MEMBER PRICING
If you send in:
In exchange for:
Price
Additional Refundable Core Charge**
Original Style CM
New Style CM
$200
$150
New Style CM
New Style CM
$225
$150
Original Style CM
Original Style CM
$225
$150
New Style CM
Original Style CM
$250
$150

Core Program

In order to supply the Scorpworks bushing front diff. crossmember, we need to have a rotating inventory of crossmembers to be able to exchange and replace the OEM bushing with the Scorpworks bushing. So, you will need to send us your old, worn out crossmember (either older or newer version) after you install your Scorpworks bushing front diff. crossmenmber. To insure the receipt of your old crossmember, so, in addition to the purchase prices above, initially you will be charged a $150.00 fully-refundable core charge. Your core charge will be refunded
immediately upon Scorpworks' receipt of your old cross-member.

Warranty Terms/Limitations/Exclusions

* Scorpworks bushing lifetime replacement guarantee/warranty: If the Scorpworks bushing wears out/fails at any time, for any reason and you ship us your crossmember with the worn out/failed bushing, Scorpworks will send you a replacement cross-member with a new Scorpworks bushing pre-installed, AT NO CHARGE. What's included - a new Scorpworks bushing
, Scorpworks-supplied Grade 8 bolt, washers, lock nut, internal bushing sleeve with keyed-head and labor to press-fit/preload the bushingi into the cross-member.

WARRANTY LIMITATIONS/EXCLUSIONS: 1) you must pay the shipping costs to send us your cross-member with the failed, worn-out Scorpworks bushing; 2) lifetime replacement guarantee does not cover replacement of a failed, damaged or otherwise unusable OEM cross-member, cross-member front diff bolts, retaining nuts and the concave bottom retainer washer (i.e., all the OEM front diff mounting hardware) due to failure, breakage, damage or wear of such parts. If in the sole discretion of Scorpworks, your OEM cross-member is un-useable due to damage, breakage or wear, you must pay the full-cost for a replacement cross-member.

** Core Charge will be refunded upon receipt of your old cross-member. You can save paying the core charge by sending us your old cross-member with worn-out OEM bushing FIRST!

Payment Options: Paypal, check or money order.

To order or ask any questions or your not sure what style of crossmember you have on your rig, you can contact Preferred Chassis Fabrication via PM or:

Dwaine Jungen
Preferred Chassis Fabrication Inc.
Home of the Scorpion
520-975-6498
www.scorpion4x4.com

As seen on the Discovery Channel Monster Garage
Tundrinator Episode 22

Discovery Channel Monster Garage
Rockem Sockem Robots - Episode 40

ScorpworksbushingfrontdiffCMs.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
PCF is a sponsor on the forum and is still around to keep us well supplied with his better-than OEM crossmembers.

CatB

Probationary Member
I need to order one asap. Can you please contact me? I have an original style crossmember and would like the same style

CatB

Probationary Member
I can send mine to u to refab if that would speed things up but I need to verify an address so I can ship ASAP

Jimmy R Brown

Probationary Member
I am in need of a crossmember brace. i have been doing some research an I ran across the site showing the different between the two.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jimmy the PCF crossmember is the solution. Dwaine will fix you up. Go to his website and order. Many, many members are running this replacement crossmember and it is far better than OEM.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
All you need to do is send Preferred Chassis Fabrication a private message to place your order and he will reply to you with all the new NFO and answer any questions you may have. Welcome to the forum.