• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New HPG LED H1 Headlights

Clarke

I have the previous (2nd) generation. I also have the 1st gen in my HMMWV. Highly recommended over stock lights - much brights, sharp cutoff and just all around a better light.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Already have been. Swapped tires and wheels on two trucks, hit everything with the grease gun, fixed a few leaks. Ordered ball joints, shocks, centerlinks, spindle seals and CTIS disconnects. The more you look the more you find. :) fix a boot on a half shaft and have a ball joint to replace and then I think the 92 is good for Moab. 94 is getting new shocks, all new steering, and new CTIS disconnects. 98 needs an A/c fan and it is perfect. Still going to check/change 92 fluids. With all my traveling finding the time is the big problem.

LagunaH1

Sounds like a lot of work, but also a great way to de-stress

Totally unrelated: Have you seen any rough order of magnitude for how long half shafts last as a rule of thumb?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
No. You know what the 92 has been through and 3 of the half shafts on it are from the set I put on it when I upgraded everything 5 years ago.

Clarke

Totally unrelated: Have you seen any rough order of magnitude for how long half shafts last as a rule of thumb?

The A2 (heavy) or 12K shafts generally don't "wear out" such that you notice clicking or problems with them. When they go, they go and break outright - usually when you are loading them offroading. I've got 105K miles on my right-front driveshaft on the wagon - and many many offroad events. Still hums along fine. I guess with all the slack in the Hummer drivetrain it would be hard to detect slop or wear without pulling the shaft itself.

Is there a reason you ask?

LagunaH1

Is there a reason you ask?

Well, kinda. I sometimes get the "H1 paranoia" of a new vibration or rumble. My drivers side front half shaft is only 1 or 2 years old with not too many miles, the rest I'm not sure how old are. -The good news is all the boots are clean and dry so no visible loss of grease.

Clarke

Well, kinda. I sometimes get the "H1 paranoia" of a new vibration or rumble. My drivers side front half shaft is only 1 or 2 years old with not too many miles, the rest I'm not sure how old are. -The good news is all the boots are clean and dry so no visible loss of grease.

Oh, I totally understand that feeling - "is that a new noise?" "Did it always make that sound when I do X?" "Hmm, something feels different - what's breaking now?"...

LagunaH1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427038369.802891.jpg