• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Irony

D

Dennis

Guest
ONLY IN AMERICA
​

1. Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a
$40,000-a-plate campaign fundraising event.

2. Only in America
could people claim that the government still discriminates
against black Americans when we have a black President, a black Attorney
General, and a federal workforce that is roughly 18% black when the black
population is only 12%.

3. Only in America
could we have had the two people most responsible for
our tax code - Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department
and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee - turn
out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes
.

4. Only in America
can we have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah
and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed
by the backlash.

5. Only in America
would we make people who want to legally become American
citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of
dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the
country illegally to just become American citizens.

6. Only in America
could the people who believe in balancing the budget and
sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."


7. Only in America
could you need to present a driver's license to cash a
check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.


8. Only in America
could people demand the government investigate whether
oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when
the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is
less than half of what a company that manufactures sports shoes and
apparel (Nike) makes. (BUY NIKE ?)


9. Only in America
could the government collect more tax dollars from the
people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion dollars more
than it has per year for total spending ($7 million PER MINUTE), and complain
that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

10. Only in America
could the rich people who pay 86% of all income taxes
be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any
income taxes at all.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Hunner

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,334
Location
Arkansas
Some interesting points.
This one though has me searching for more info.

"5. Only in America would we make people who want to legally become American
citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of
dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the
country illegally to just become American citizens."

This part,
Tens of thousands of dollars to become a citizen??

Take the qualification quiz and see if you pass.
http://www.immigrationdirect.com/us...izenship:m=p&gclid=CO3_1LOIprECFY2b7QodqwZvrQ
 
Last edited:

Hunner

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,334
Location
Arkansas
This was a little piece I found but looking for more on the fees involved.

"Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

At this point in time--I believe it is around $675.00----$595 for application fee and $80.00 for biometrics.
The longer you wait the more the Government will charge for the fees change periodically.
If you are illegible to apply for naturalization --all you will need to do is download form N-400 from the web site--make copies--one for yourself and the one which you will send into the government. I sent mine return receipt--I would suggest you do the same. Then you will wait for them to send you paper work --then you wait for your biometrics--then you wait for the test--then you wait for them to tell you when to show up for the oath ceremony. When I had mine it took almost 6 months--not sure how long the wait is now.
You can save yourself a lot of money by doing it yourself--just make sure you send in all documentation which they ask for and sign your N-400.
Hope this was helpful, good luck."

Seems that is cheaper than paying a "coyoty" to illegal get you here?
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
There are a few differing opinions here but it seems that the vast majority of Hummer owners are relatively conservative on most issues but especially the financial issues. We tend to be fans of reading the Constitution from a more literal standpoint, want less government involvement, want to keep more of our money....well you get the picture. I believe that the Founding Fathers were far smarter than the rabble we have in Washington today and that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were written to protect us from the exact thing that we now have in Washington. It is up to us to force the issue and return our government back to what the Founders envisioned.
For anyone that hasn't noticed we do have a chance to take a step in the right direction in November. :)
 
Last edited:

deserth3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,078
Location
Conroe, TX
Some interesting points.
This one though has me searching for more info.

"5. Only in America would we make people who want to legally become American
citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of
dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the
country illegally to just become American citizens."

This part,
Tens of thousands of dollars to become a citizen??

Take the qualification quiz and see if you pass.
http://www.immigrationdirect.com/us...izenship:m=p&gclid=CO3_1LOIprECFY2b7QodqwZvrQ

Actaully in at least one country I know, Canada. Many people will pay a lawyer to handle the imigration process for them.
For my daughter-in-law it was a bit easier. But when they looked into getting a laywer. The cost was way more than they could afford.

And even though my son was a naturalized U.S. citizen. They had to have money in the bank as part of the imigraton process before she couuld come into the U.S.. I don't remember how much.
 
Last edited:

Hunner

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,334
Location
Arkansas
Costa Rica has you prove you are not indigent by depositing money in the government owned bank.
I also ran across an online method of applying, like uh they have internet, as you mentioned.
Let them come, but pay taxes like I do is all I say.
The people I know here legally are hard workers.

Somebody just sent me this.

I just received my tax return for 2011 back from the IRS. It puzzles me!!! They are questioning how many dependents I claimed. I guess it was because of my response to the question: "List all dependents?" I replied: 12 million illegal immigrants; 3 million crack heads; 42 million unemployed people on food stamps, 2 million people in over 243 prisons; Half of Mexico; and 535 persons in the U.S. House and Senate." Evidently, this was NOT an acceptable answer. I KEEP ASKING MYSELF, WHO DID I MISS?
 

kflips

Well-Known Member
Messages
776
Location
Virginia
Costa Rica has you prove you are not indigent by depositing money in the government owned bank.
I also ran across an online method of applying, like uh they have internet, as you mentioned.
Let them come, but pay taxes like I do is all I say.
The people I know here legally are hard workers.

Somebody just sent me this.

12 million illegal immigrants; 3 million crack heads; 42 million unemployed people on food stamps, 2 million people in over 243 prisons; Half of Mexico; and 535 persons in the U.S. House and Senate

Brilliant -- but you are double counting somewhere in there I am sure. Politics aside it is scary to look at how many actual working Americans there are compared to how may receive handouts - needed or not, earned or not. The law of large numbers has us in a bind.
 
Top