• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Idea

954paulo

Well-Known Member
Messages
467
Location
ny
Can any of our sponsor make a similar lift like the rancho front end parts. Like the main parts. Hubs and drop brackets/crossmember? How difficult would this be?

I'm sure there would good demand for it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

954paulo

Well-Known Member
Messages
467
Location
ny
If I new a fab guy, and had a rancho to spec from I would be on this in a sec


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

954paulo

Well-Known Member
Messages
467
Location
ny
Anyone know a fabricator in the tri state area


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
The thing would have to be one off at first. Companies like total chaos make upper control arms, spindles(knuckles) and lower control arms all day long. Our rancho knuckles are cast IIRC. The ones they would make would be tig welded high quality tube and steel, probably chromoly. Drop brackets are easy compared to them. It's the knuckles that are probably tougher. Also the torsion bar cast piece would be a PITA but if they are redesigning arms they could accommodate coilovers. Now your this far you might as well do what bebe did with the diff.

Damn that escalated quickly in terms of price lol
 

954paulo

Well-Known Member
Messages
467
Location
ny
Yes it did. Wifey hid my wallet as I was reading this lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

owlxxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
345
Location
Tehachapi, CA
I used to be a fab guy. I ran the metal fab side of this company. I built experimental aircraft and spaceships for a living for 7 years. It would not be difficult if I, A) still worked there B) had a rancho kit to copy. Price would eventually be an issue. We were allowed to use any leftover material for personal projects and we were also allowed to use any and all of the equipment, CnC, folding brakes, lathes and whatnot. We built a couple of pre-runners on our breaks and on the weekends while I worked there. The metal fab only had about 8 guys and we were always so far ahead of schedule so that allowed us plenty of free time to pursue personal projects. Sometimes, I still wish I worked there. I had free access to all metal and composite fabricating tools, equipment and materials. ---- The things you leave behind for your family...
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Dang, sounds like a sweet setup... But family is far more important! You made the right choice in my mind!


Sent from handheld smoke signal device
 
Top