• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hella relay box anyone?

rascole

I am preparing for next project. Installing all my lights. I was searching around for relays and found this Hella relay box on Amazon. With this and the Blue Sea fuse block system. Has anyone used the relay box? Is there something else equivalent?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hella relay box 4 way.jpg
    Hella relay box 4 way.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 81N5o8DSxHL._SL1500_.jpg
    81N5o8DSxHL._SL1500_.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 568

benlaud87

I have a blue sea fuse block installed I bought at west marine . That relay box would be a nice addition to keep everything looking neat if you have the space for it

rascole

I did find an all in one box made by Cooper Bussman but the problem I see with that is it requires special wire connects and plugs, not the straight blade style that is so common.
attachment.php

Attachments

• P1030508.JPG
    P1030508.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 652

rascole

I am running that same relay box. You can run the typical Pep Boy's style relays if you cut the mounting tab off.
Can you post a pic of your install please? After researching the Bussman box a little more, it seems there are a lot of other wheelers using them and they seem happy with it.

rascole

I like the Bussmann box as well but you have to buy the special connectors and seals that require a special crimper. All good but buying the minimum quantity makes the price >$150.