• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O "HUMMERgeddon" Winter Rausch Creek run Dec 8-9 2012

ArtHummer

PM sent.

Where in Alexandria are you planning to meet up? Also, are you planning to go east to Woodrow Wilson Bridge or north over the American Legion?

Jrkilburn

I'm coming up from Aberdeen md. Through PA. I'd like to join the caravan as well if your going up 95 and I83.

Rodzlla

Arthummer, We typically meet at West Marine on Route 1 (at the Beltway/95N). We head up 95N to 695 to 83 if I recall correctly.

Jrkilburn, PM me with your name, number and where you want to meet up with us. I will use mapquest or such to figure out when we would be able to meet up with you.

Rod

Jrkilburn

My Toyota buddy and I will be leaving from his shop in dallastown around 6. He is trailering his so when you see a white 3T and a burban hauling a silver yota we are headed to the same place lol. We will meet at the entrance to the park

Rodzlla

My Toyota buddy and I will be leaving from his shop in dallastown around 6. He is trailering his so when you see a white 3T and a burban hauling a silver yota we are headed to the same place lol. We will meet at the entrance to the park

OK. We will look for you guys. You guys CB-equipped? If so, we will be on channel 8 (at least that is the plan).

kflips

For those staying at the Hampton inn Friday night, park in the rear parking lot of the hotel, look the hummers and tailgaters

Ron46

Capt.
Well, I am not going to be able to make this trip :sigh:, I really wanted to go and tried to make it happen, but my truck will not be ready. My driving door is still messed up with exposed wires and not being sealed and my fender is hanging on by a thread. I tried to get it fixed in time but I won't be able to get it done until after Christmas because of the back up of cars from hurricane sandy. I did though get a brand new alternator, pulley, and timing belt under warranty. The salt water did a lot of damage aside from the tree. Have fun guys and take a bunch of pictures. I will hopefully be able to make the next trip :cheers:

HIROLA

Looks like rain might be in our future this weekend. Anyone with a big ass tent that we can get under for Friday night's tailgating?

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Unfortunately I won't be able to go. I haven't been able to get the shocks revalved as well as many other smaller fixes. I really wanted to go this and meet up with everyone. :(

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Rodzlla

Looks like rain might be in our future this weekend. Anyone with a big ass tent that we can get under for Friday night's tailgating?

I have a 10x10 easy-up tent you can use if you swing by Alexandria and pick it up. You can use it all weekend if you are staying Saturday night.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Well, I am not going to be able to make this trip :sigh:, I really wanted to go and tried to make it happen, but my truck will not be ready. My driving door is still messed up with exposed wires and not being sealed and my fender is hanging on by a thread. I tried to get it fixed in time but I won't be able to get it done until after Christmas because of the back up of cars from hurricane sandy. I did though get a brand new alternator, pulley, and timing belt under warranty. The salt water did a lot of damage aside from the tree. Have fun guys and take a bunch of pictures. I will hopefully be able to make the next trip :cheers:

Hey ron! Hope all is going ok. Your truck wont be totalled then? I hope the salt water damage is going to do long term issues.

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Hey guys, it really pains me to say this, but I'm 90% sure wont be able to attend the RC trip this weekend. My wife has been in the hospital this week due to her MS. She can't take care of herself right now let alone our toddler. I'm still checking with family to see if any are available this weekend, but I don't want to have to drop out at the very last second and leave you all hanging. I'm really sorry guys, but this situation is out of my control. I just finished putting on my new 315/75 MT Baja Mtz's and getting my hunner skids welded on this past week, so I was really looking forward to getting a chance to try it all out. If the other guys from the forum could step up and help this run go smoothly, I'd really appreciate it. Kflips, Rodzilla and absntmnded come to mind since they have all been to the park many times. If you guys wouldn't mind taking over that would be a big relief for me. I will make arrangements with one of them to pass off the T-shirts so everyone who ordered them will still be able to receive them during the trip. Thanks, Rich

Lchase

wish I could make the event this weekend but I have to save $ for a christmas road trip from GA to my home state of RI.

My route there and back takes me by RC (some what) so if anyone is interested meeting up and wheeling there on the 30th let me know and I'll make sure I hit the road back to GA early.

ArtHummer

Damn, Sorry to hear that Rich. Hope that everything is alright and wish your wife to get well. Sorry for everyone that you won't be able to make it, but I would say, stay home and take care of your wife.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Hope everyone got their shirts. I think they were all delivered on Tuesday, including the bulk order to supersapper.

Rodzlla

Rich, let me know I can help out. I cannot leave the Alexandria area Friday to meet up. Kevin might be able to meet up. I know you have shirts to distribute.

We will ensure everyone has a great time. There will be plenty of potential trail leaders.

I will meet the group at the park around 915am or so.

AbsntMnded

Hey guys, it really pains me to say this, but I'm 90% sure wont be able to attend the RC trip this weekend. My wife has been in the hospital this week due to her MS. She can't take care of herself right now let alone our toddler. I'm still checking with family to see if any are available this weekend, but I don't want to have to drop out at the very last second and leave you all hanging. I'm really sorry guys, but this situation is out of my control. I just finished putting on my new 315/75 MT Baja Mtz's and getting my hunner skids welded on this past week, so I was really looking forward to getting a chance to try it all out. If the other guys from the forum could step up and help this run go smoothly, I'd really appreciate it. Kflips, Rodzilla and absntmnded come to mind since they have all been to the park many times. If you guys wouldn't mind taking over that would be a big relief for me. I will make arrangements with one of them to pass off the T-shirts so everyone who ordered them will still be able to receive them during the trip. Thanks, Rich

Do what you gotta do, Rich. Hope your wife feels better soon. There's always the 2013 "'Hummerpocalypse' Spring Rausch Creek Run."

Ron46

Capt.
Thanks!:cheers:,,, everything is getting back to normal slowly, starting to fix up the house, and starting to get my truck fixed. My truck wont be totaled but it has a couple thousand dollars worth of damage but its covered under insurance, and yeah I hope the salt water does cause long term damage. I was power washing my whole truck for at least an 2 hrs to try to get all the salt water off my truck.

Hey ron! Hope all is going ok. Your truck wont be totalled then? I hope the salt water damage is going to do long term issues.

MtnRsqDawg

Hey guys - Rich, I feel your pain and know what your going through brother. My wife hasn't been well lately so we go to doctors and BAM she had heart surgery early this morning and is being released from VCU tomorrow. Sadly I won't be there this weekend. Hope y'all have a great weekend.

Jrkilburn

Due to co pilot not being available I won't have my truck at the event. I will however be co pilot for my buddy pete in his Toyota. See you in a bit!

kflips

Good run today, weather was great. We had two groups, 10 rigs. Folks will post up pictures as they get time. No major damage.