• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Windshield Replacement Suggestions

StandoutAlpha

With all the H3's windshield being more vertical it catches bugs, rocks, winds and anything incoming more easily.

Now my windshield have a few rock chips and a horizontal crack all the way from the driver to passenger side in the center.
I have $0 deductible glass coverage and planning to do a claim soon before the fall comes.

For people that had replaced their windshields before which one did you go with? OEM, OE, OEE, or a Aftermarket windshield ?
I haven't check with my insurance to see which one they'll only cover yet but I work a GM dealership and I could probably get a OEM
windshield "if they still make it" closer to the price of a aftermarket one with my discount. If my insurance only covers aftermarket ones, I'm willing to pay the difference.

But if the aftermarket ones are more thicker or stronger then I better choose that instead. I rather have a stronger thicker windshield doesn't matter OEM or not.
Let me know what you guys went with. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

08H3

All I can say is that the factory cracked at 80,000 and I have over 220,000 on an aftermarket (don’t know brand; whatever the independent shop used) and it’s still good. Whether that is luck (which is likely) or quality difference, I don’t know.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I've had five or six windshields in the H3; brand didn't seem to matter. I've had them last 3 years or as little as 6 weeks. I used to ask for Pilkington but the glass company I use doesn't have them anymore. Typically I receive Fuyao glass. I do always ask to get glass that's tinted at the top as that was standard in the early H3s and dropped in the later H3s.

StandoutAlpha

The Chevy dealership I work at has two factory GM H3 windshields in stock. I'll be going with that and my insurance will cover the cost with install also they don't have a limit on coverage, what ever windshield fits the H3 they'll cover it.

lfootmatt

In AZ we go through a lot of windshields. Aftermarket are typically softer glass than factory in my estimation. They get pitted and sand painted in 1/3 the miles of factory glass.

IMHO,

Matt

EndeavoredH3

In AZ we go through a lot of windshields. Aftermarket are typically softer glass than factory in my estimation. They get pitted and sand painted in 1/3 the miles of factory glass.

IMHO,

Matt
You aren’t kidding. I keep glass insurance here in AZ.

CKHummer

I just had Safelite Autoglass in Florida replace the windshield on my 2007 H3X. I had a small crack and 14 years of tiny chips. Insurance wouldn't replace the whole windshield due to the chip not being in the field of view. Cost $452 to replace and I discovered the interior instrument panel insulator seal (GM #25823420) was not reinstalled. Went to the local GM dealer today and discovered this seal is discontinued and no one has it. Trying to determine an alternate fix, maybe some weather stripping to fill the gap. If you have the windshield replaced make sure they don't discard the original seal.