• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 vs. Leopard Tank

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
They didn't do the Hummer much justice in this video. The H2 could have crossed the pond and probably would have climbed the step in my estimation.

[video=youtube;0et5e3fGoto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0et5e3fGoto&feature=share&fb_source=messag e[/video]

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
yea i think the h2 could have made it through the water and up the step, i thought this was for sure going to end with the h2 gettin gblown up or somethin! haha

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
That just shows that whoever chooses the course wins.

They raced on a tank training track so the trench was too wide for the H2 to cross, the step was too high the water fording was too deep. Now if they had raced on the Autobahn the H2 would been waiting for hours at the finish line.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Meine Frau kann besser fahren als die Dame!!!!
Sie zeigte nicht die Hummer zieht den Tank aus dem Dreck!
Scheiße!!! :gaah:

crank

The Master Blaster!
Meine Frau kann besser fahren als die Dame!!!!
Sie zeigte nicht die Hummer zieht den Tank aus dem Dreck!
Scheiße!!! :gaah:

My Wife can drive better than that lady!
They didn't show the Hummer pulling the tank out of the mud! (Doesn't translate very good)

ShlT! :gaah:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the H2 could have done everything on the course. Might have helped to put some decent tires on it. You would certainly hope that a tracked vehicle would have some advantages over a rubber tired vehicle on a course like that. We used to do a Corvette/Porsche Challenge race. One day the Corvette people would set up a course and the next day the Porsche people would set up a course. Each group ran each course and the best times won. Of course the Vette owners would set up a sweeping wider course that allowed the use of the horsepower advantage that Vettes had and the Porsche guys would set up a tight course that favored the smaller Porsche's handling. Picking the course has its advantages. Would have been interesting if a Hummer driver had been allowed to set up a track for round two.

H3slate

Brush raked
i bet the girl wasnt sure what 4 low was either...

She is a very skilled driver on the track. She was on Top Gear when they were on the Nurburgring and took a van around the track in less than 10 min.

That said, doesn't mean she knows anything about driving offroad.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Yes, she did an amazing job with a van on that track. This would have been much better with a good set of MTs on the Hmmer. But that water was WAY too deeo for a Hummer. If you look when the tank crosses, the water is up to the top of the tracks, which is over the headlights on the Hummer.

Still fun to watch though!

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
It looks high in the front because of his speed, but the side views look managable at a slower speed. Still, don't know if I would have tried it.

Fenris

That water obstacle I guess is roughly 110-120 cm deep. That's the limit before you have to stop to make wading preparations in a Leopard.

I spent last year serving in the Norwegian army as the driver of an Armored Recovery Vehicle on a Leopard chassis. Whenever a tank got itself stuck, it would be me and my other crewmates job to pull it up again.
I can safely vouch for that even tracked vehicles will quite easily get stuck in the right conditions. Sometimes, they may even find themself struggling in places where your average, stock SUV would have no trouble coasting trough. Especially steep slopes with a couple inches of heavy, soggy snow comes to mind.
That be said, wheeling in a tank is one of the most awesome experiences one could posibly imagine. Amazing traction, the feeling of weight and power, the sound of it all... Now I'm getting tank withdrawal symptons again.

Ron B

no way would I take an h2 (or any truck with computer/electronics or without venting) into water 4' deep. I have 40's with a body and suspension lift and I still get nervous when water is over my tires. Too much risk for a "hold my beer and watch this" moment.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
That water obstacle I guess is roughly 110-120 cm deep. That's the limit before you have to stop to make wading preparations in a Leopard.

I spent last year serving in the Norwegian army as the driver of an Armored Recovery Vehicle on a Leopard chassis. Whenever a tank got itself stuck, it would be me and my other crewmates job to pull it up again.
I can safely vouch for that even tracked vehicles will quite easily get stuck in the right conditions. Sometimes, they may even find themself struggling in places where your average, stock SUV would have no trouble coasting trough. Especially steep slopes with a couple inches of heavy, soggy snow comes to mind.
That be said, wheeling in a tank is one of the most awesome experiences one could posibly imagine. Amazing traction, the feeling of weight and power, the sound of it all... Now I'm getting tank withdrawal symptons again.

Been military for over 20 years now, and I still haven't had a ride in a tank or APC. Light Infantry doesn't do armored vehicles. We just have parachutes, body armor and feet. :sigh:

Fenris

Been military for over 20 years now, and I still haven't had a ride in a tank or APC. Light Infantry doesn't do armored vehicles. We just have parachutes, body armor and feet. :sigh:

It's a great experience, but not really something you want to do long-term. Pretty much all of them are cramped and uncomfortable. Spending more than a couple hours at a time in one, will have ones bottom beg for mercy.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
H2 had stock tires and we know they are useless in mud. Girl is sports car driver with no OFF ROAD experience as far as I know.

In my opinion different tires and experienced off road driver shut win this course.

My girl has been off-roading for a while now, she wants an H2 also, but let me tell you, she had one experience in her Jeep Wrangler that I thought would turn her off from it, and actually it made her like it even more. Long story short, she went in the water during a trail run, a normal thing, water got into the the inside floor of the jeep, another normal thing during run (of course doors were off) as she was driving out, we saw a large snake was inside by her pedals! My girl with no remorse, stepped on the head of the snake with her sandal, and just kept pinned till we drove out, as soon as well pulled out, I ran around to her side to pull it out, and she just crushed its head on top of the brake pedal. I asked her if she was ok, she just said "No big deal, that was fun, I love stepping or running over things, lol" and wiped her sandal on my shirt. I love this woman! She likes the doors off, so I want to figure out how to remove them on the H2's so we can do it when we get hers :)